Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Would you like to see an option to switch between saved builds quickly and easily?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would like to see an option to quickly change between saved builds.

37 28.68%
  • No, that would ruin everything and make the game too much like WoW

49 37.98%
  • I am indifferent. It is already easy to switch builds.

43 33.33%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Poll: Switching builds in-game quickly

the nephalem buff is going to be useless when you come across a situation unbeatable with your current build.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by GetMerked View Post
    the nephalem buff is going to be useless when you come across a situation unbeatable with your current build.
    Agreed, so you switch out your spec and try again. I don't understand your point?

in these circumstances you wouldn't be using a quick change anyway, you would be figuring out a new spec on trial and error basis.

IncGamers Member

I don't actually understand your point... if you agree that your going to have to switch builds, why wouldn't you want to do it with one or two button clicks instead of 8-12?

I understand that many situations (and millions of potential builds) that would require trial and error (based on circumstance), but given the grind required by this game.. trial and error period most likely won't last too long. Especially when people mess around with the skills enough and develop attachments to particular ones.

IncGamers Member

A system I would be fine with:
    At your character screen, before you create or join a game, you could select between builds that you had saved.

What would be the point of that? Why not allow it in-game as well? I'm just trying to understand what exactly are you guys trying to achieve with these additional penalties and why.

Last edited by HardRock; 03-05-2012 at 21:48.

Quote Originally Posted by nailertn View Post
    What is it about going to town that makes all wrongs right? Gear swapping should not be restricted by your location but by the location of the gear you want to equip. If it is in your backpack, why wouldn't you be able to use it on the field? Concerning spells I understand where you are coming from but limiting skill changes to town is basically equivalent to a "skill reset" spell you have to channel for five seconds (or however long a portal takes to cast).

While I am still indifferent towards skill profiles, I really like the idea of saved gear loadouts. It is essentially a more elaborate weapon swap button, which is not just a convenience feature but something one would actively use mid-combat. But since Blizzard already decided against that...

sorry i was assuming the gear would be in the stash which is why i really think the need to be in town would be there. if the gear is in the backpack then it makes sense. not sure i am a fan of the insta switch still.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by GetMerked View Post
    I don't actually understand your point... if you agree that your going to have to switch builds, why wouldn't you want to do it with one or two button clicks instead of 8-12?
    wait, what?

i'm all for the quick change function. I haven't seen a single logical argument of how it would negativity effect the game.

IncGamers Member

The faster you can switch skills the more of an advantage it becomes.

Yeah, because saving yourself about 18 mouse clicks and 4-5 seconds is such a huge advantage that it must be penalized, right?

Again, the point is that this feature would be only a very slight advantage, but a huge convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    Yeah, because saving yourself about 18 mouse clicks and 4-5 seconds is such a huge advantage that it must be penalized, right?

Again, the point is that this feature would be only a very slight advantage, but a huge convenience.

if its instant you save much more than 4-5 seconds. also you could switch back and forth. if the feature did include gear then it would be the weapon switch all over again. you can save 2 builds with the exact same skills but each with a different weapon. its a pretty big advantage to allow insta switch in the field