Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Would you like to see an option to switch between saved builds quickly and easily?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would like to see an option to quickly change between saved builds.

37 28.68%
  • No, that would ruin everything and make the game too much like WoW

49 37.98%
  • I am indifferent. It is already easy to switch builds.

43 33.33%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Poll: Switching builds in-game quickly

Having a set of builds is fine, but being able to swap them like that on the fly will never happen, as it shouldn't. Swap in town maybe..otherwise you have to change individually and wait the cooldowns.

The D3 skill system requires you to not be able to swap on the fly..otherwise we might as well just remove the 6 skill limit and have as many skills as we want keybound.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedreams View Post
    Having a set of builds is fine, but being able to swap them like that on the fly will never happen, as it shouldn't.
    Why?

Swap in town maybe..otherwise you have to change individually and wait the cooldowns.
    Except limiting it to towns makes no sense at all. In the current system when you want to switch (outside of combat) you can cast TP. When you don't want to switch (in-combat) you can't go to towns anyway.

The D3 skill system requires you to not be able to swap on the fly..otherwise we might as well just remove the 6 skill limit and have as many skills as we want keybound.
    No, D3's system is about allowing swaps on the fly, but limiting the frequency. The idea proposed here doesn't change that at all. You couldn't load a build when even one of you skill's is on cooldown and loading one would cause a cooldown to start on every one of your skills.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    No, D3's system is about allowing swaps on the fly, but limiting the frequency. The idea proposed here doesn't change that at all. You couldn't load a build when even one of you skill's is on cooldown and loading one would cause a cooldown to start on every one of your skills..
    exactly!

give the quick change a cast time similar to town portal and spells changed a CD as it is now. simple.

if blizzard feel that this will take away from people learning about their hero as they just go between 3/4 specs and never manually look at their ability's just make it an unlock-able feature at lvl 60 players will know their class inside out by then!

A short casting time would be fine, but I think even that's unnecessary.

It would be so great to know how long is the respec cooldown in the higher difficulties. If it's 1 minute or something like that in Inferno, then I really don't see why we would need more penalties than that. If it's 15 seconds, then I do.

IncGamers Member

being any longer than a few minutes in inferno will be just daft as when you first hit inferno you will be doing a lot of trial and error to find what works and what doesn't

IncGamers Member

A short casting time would be fine, but I think even that's unnecessary.
    i think a cast time is necessary as you could technically swap in combat and just run away until CD's are up. a barb could swap to tank spec for example.

i think it should have a cast time and you take like 1000% extra damage and taunt everything within x yards while casting or some thing along them lines.

Quote Originally Posted by brootusx View Post
    being any longer than a few minutes in inferno will be just daft as when you first hit inferno you will be doing a lot of trial and error to find what works and what doesn't
    I agree, but on the other hand the cooldown needs to be long enough so that constant skill-dancing is a less efficient way to play as per the dev's intention. 1-2 mins sound about right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by brootusx View Post
    you take like 1000% extra damage
    I like that idea, even if the number is a tad extreme.

IncGamers Member

I agree, but on the other hand the cooldown needs to be long enough so that constant skill-dancing is a less efficient way to play as per the dev's intention.
    loosing your nephalem valor buff is about as inefficient as it gets and because of this almost no one will be swapping spells between packs or "skill-dancing" i only intend to swap spec at the start of each game at the most but when i do swap i want it to be as easy and convenient as possible.

I meant efficient as in killing monsters.

Ideally a skill-dancer (I will spread this notion whatever it takes ) will need more time to kill monsters than someone who came up with an all around effective build, because he will lose one or more of his skills for extended periods of time. That should be a huge penalty in Inferno.

IncGamers Member

Completely agree.

i think a 30sec CD on all spells will make for very inefficient killing and slow you down a lot. But i still think loosing the neph val buff is penalty enough. and if you are one of those heros that doesn't need the neph valor buff because your already pimped out in Act 4 inferno gear then you have pretty much earned the right to skill dance in my eyes!