Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

A thread for all us "Haters"

OK, for nearly four years, all of us "haters" have been hating on D3 for this development decision and that development decision. Now that the beta is over and we are in the home stretch until release, I thought it would be a good idea for all of us "haters" to let everyone know something about D3 that, in your opinion, the devs got RIGHT. I'll go first.

Death animations. This is something that, IMO, pretty much every other ARPG developer gets wrong. I've played TL, TQ, PoE beta and watched gameplay footage for Grim Dawn but ALL of them have a total lack of interesting death animations. Where's the blood? The gore? We're going to be killing thousands of non-boss, non-super unique, non-champion mobs, their deaths need to be made interesting and fun.

So, thank you Blizzard for the awesome death animations. Loved wandering around the Weeping Hallow and just obliterating packs and packs of zombies and staining the ground red. Sometimes literally knocking the bones out of their skin. Head's flying, torsos flinging, all VERY satisfying. The last 6 weeks or so of the beta, this is pretty much all I did. Both with the barb and wizard, with her wave of force skill. I could do without the moon physics, but hey, thatís stuff for another thread. This is an appreciation thread.

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Nizaris's Avatar

Re: A thread for all us "Haters"

Was not what I was expecting. In a good way.

IncGamers Member

Not as colorful as people made it out to be.

IncGamers Member

Previous poster did not read >.<

The skill system: While I'm dubious about some of the other game systems. The fact that I change my opinion on my "best build" almost weekly and that will only increase once the game is released is very interesting.

IncGamers Member

I've got the idea that not many 'true haters' are going to respond in this thread and if they will, I doubt their answers will be very serious...

Reminds me of something permaximum attempted aeons ago... Didn't end so well... But it is a good idea, will be interesting to see what do people say...

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Widukind View Post
    I've got the idea that not many 'true haters' are going to respond in this thread and if they will, I doubt their answers will be very serious...
    LOL! Come on haters, it's not like you're not going to buy the game. I've been here a couple of years now, I've been spewing almost nothing but hate, but I'm still going to be playing at midnight.

this actually is a good idea for a thread. even if you complain about 90% of the game there has to be something you enjoy otherwise why bother following it? the same could go for people who never speak ill of the game, they could mention one thing they dont like

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Quote Originally Posted by SteveG View Post
    I've been spewing almost nothing but hate, but I'm still going to be playing at midnight.
    LOL. This ^ There are many who will still be buying the game even though they disagree with certain design decisions. I probably disagree with some but will also be playing. The thing is, there are probably zero games that are going to be everything to everybody.

This game is NOT rainbows and unicorns.

Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

BattleTag Ulthrakk-1149

I like the idea of the thread, but I don't see the point of hating on the game, at this stage of the game. To me, someone coming on prophesizing doom and disaster, telling us how much the game will suck, how great other games will be, how much better D2 is/was...is saying this:

"I didn't get what I want, I fear change, and I want everyone else to be miserable too!"

It is time to take your sour grapes to another market, because a sweet harvest for the ages is on its way.