Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: RMAH maximum listing price per item : 250 (Blizzard FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by semakka View Post
    The best (and probably planned by Blizzard) scenario for items in RMAH will look like this :
    -some items for 5$
    -some items for 10$
    -almost NO or only few items between 10$ and 20$ (
    -ENOUGH items between 20$ and 30$
    -almost NO or only items between 30$ and 100$
    -ENOUGH items between 100$ and 200$.
    I'd have more faith in the trusty bell curve ;-D

It'll probably be fatter towards the low end of prices though, there are enough people who want to have just a few more dollars right now, and will sell things that should be sold for gold, for dollars instead.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Greystone-1553

The best gear will make sellers that have the skill, gear, time and patience to farm it, money. The best gear is going to be inferno gear and that is what is going to be worth some real cash considering how many people won't have the patience to beat the game 4x over plus farm like a mofo. Not only that, but most likely a large percentage of the people that play Diablo 3 simply won't be good enough to even beat hell let alone inferno. I put such a high value on inferno gear because that is what people are going to want to be rocking when pvp comes out. Very rare lower level items will be great for twinking characters and improving leveling speed, but the top end gear is where the majority of the real money is gonna be and it's not going to flood the market nearly as much as normal and nightmare gear will. IMO.

IncGamers Member

Thumbs up Re: RMAH maximum listing price per item : 250 (Blizzard FAQ)

Maybe some missed it:

Posted by Bashiok (05/04/2012 12:41 PM)

We have a cap in place for multiple reasons, most of which are related to legal and security concerns. It's a flexible cap, though, and we could very likely adjust it as we monitor the RMAH service and how people are using it.

With emphasis on "very likely"

So it seems that the $250 value might as well just be a safe-cap for the launch period, and that there is still some (legal) room left for future adjustments..

Lets hope.

IncGamers Member

I think if they see a noticeable number items actually reaching values of 200$+ they might consider increasing it. How much is "noticeable" though is up to them. But again, remember your chance of ever seeing an item worth more than 100$ is so small I don't see why you're all so worried about it.

IncGamers Member

I believe all high value items will be sold directly to customers without blizzard/paypal/RMAH. Another option is to sell them to itemshops with some discount which is still better than loose huge % +time for all these gah-->rmah-->paypal transactions.

It's also interesting for me how it will go with ebay. Blizzard should ban it some way.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lokiftw View Post
    To me, this too seems to suggest that there will indeed be extremely high value items ($thousands), and they want 15% of that money too. If the max starting bid is 250, i would say anything valued over 350 is going to be most easily converted to a commodity to cash out. (to avoid the risk it selling for max starting bid only at a large %-value loss - as semakka's example showed).
    You must realise that now that Blizzard involves itself into real money trading, they have to think about more than a game they are running.

If there would be no 15% fee, they would risk serving as a free international (although not intercontinental) money transfer service. Not only could this turn out to provide them with a lot of work that is not supposed to be the work of a gaming company, they would also have to worry about their services being used for the financial side of illegal activities. 15% is needed to be more expensive than western union.