Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Final Fee structure

If the price difference is big enough, then don't worry - People will find out. However, it's really hard to tell whether 3rd party sites can compete, even with the current fees.

IncGamers Member

Price difference? What price difference? Sellers want to go elsewhere to sell higher than RMAH will allow, or to avoid fees so they can earn more money. Neither of it will attract buyers. If you lower price enough to attract them, you may as well sell on RMAH as you will earn same money in the end. And you can never compete with lower prices against sellers that dont care about 15% fee because they dont plan to withdraw the money (1$ fee is nothing then to go elsewhere).

IncGamers Member The Lord of Darkness's Avatar

Where can I find a moron willing to pay $250 for a item they can find in game? I have a bridge I want to sell them.

BattleTag FizzyBubbly-1527

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord of Darkness View Post
    Where can I find a moron willing to pay $250 for a item they can find in game? I have a bridge I want to sell them.

You realize that people buying items they can find in game from other people is a $500,000,000+ industry correct?

IncGamers Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see a single item selling for $5000. I remember Windforce selling for over $2000 in d2, that was when the $ was real strong as well. I made quite a bit of money on d2, but once Ebay banned sales of virtual items the 3rd party services took over. The $250 cap is beyond stupid, it will fck the economy up on so many levels.

IncGamers Member

Ok, so can someone tell me how much is my net earning if I sell an item for 250$?

IncGamers Member

An item?

$250 - $1 fee = $249
    If your sending the money to your B.Net balance then you'll have $249.00 in there.

If your sending the money to Paypal:
    $249 - 15%
    $249 - ($249 * 0.15)
    $249 - $37.35 = $211.65 going into Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Horcsog View Post
    Ok, so can someone tell me how much is my net earning if I sell an item for 250$?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    An item?

$250 - $1 fee = $249
    If your sending the money to your B.Net balance then you'll have $249.00 in there.

If your sending the money to Paypal:
    $249 - 15%
    $249 - ($249 * 0.15)
    $249 - $37.35 = $211.65 going into Paypal.
    I'll sell you that same item for $234.99 if you're a repeat customer I'll take off 5.00 on your 2nd purchase. For every 5 people that you refer to me and spend over 50.00 I'll give you 5.00 off. If they spend more than 100.00 I'll give you 15.00 off. For every single person that spends 500.00 or more in a single purchase I'll give you X gold or $

Quote Originally Posted by THGlump View Post
    Price difference? What price difference? Sellers want to go elsewhere to sell higher than RMAH will allow, or to avoid fees so they can earn more money. Neither of it will attract buyers. If you lower price enough to attract them, you may as well sell on RMAH as you will earn same money in the end. And you can never compete with lower prices against sellers that dont care about 15% fee because they dont plan to withdraw the money (1$ fee is nothing then to go elsewhere).

It won't be hard to entice people to purchase outside of the RMAH. The hardest part is showing people you won't rip them off, so you don't have to keep using a middleman. Which is quite an inconvenience.

Last edited by riptide; 02-05-2012 at 22:47.

IncGamers Member The Lord of Darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glasspinne View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a single item selling for $5000. I remember Windforce selling for over $2000 in d2, that was when the $ was real strong as well. I made quite a bit of money on d2, but once Ebay banned sales of virtual items the 3rd party services took over. The $250 cap is beyond stupid, it will fck the economy up on so many levels.
    To each their own I guess. That is just insane in my opinion. $2000 for a virtual item or a down payment on a decent vehicle, ect.

IncGamers Member

But... It's a windforce!!!

Anyway, as riptide has said, it's not hard to compete with the RMAH in prices when you don't have to pay ridiculous Blizzard fees. What's hard is getting people to find your items (which they will find if they really want to, but won't find if the price difference won't be enough for them to bother with it) and trust you to actually sell them the items rather than take their money and bail.

You guys are forgetting that lower fees aren't just good for sellers. They're good for buyers, too, because in a competitive market sellers will lower their prices when the fees are lower in order to compete with other sellers that are doing the same.