Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    BattleTag Ask me!

Will the beta forum be removed?

Will the beta forums be wiped or just locked and archived when retail comes?

My vote if for a lock and archive, since there will be more xpac betas in the future.

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester
    BattleTag Bowzer -1925

Re: Will the beta forum be removed?

I'd just merge it with the general discussion and be done with it personally.

I think we'll leave open until release, if only for archive access, and then merge with general. Retaining the datamine forum as a subforum.

There will indeed be d3x beta, but probably not for like 2 years, and when it begins... would old threads from this beta be relevant? I mean would anyone want or need or care to dig them up at that point? I can't think of many reasons why...

--Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

Not that anyone asked, but I think the best way to deal with this would be archiving the current general and beta forums as they are (maybe in a sub-forum called the Halls of the Blind) and locking them. I think the general forums should start with a completely clean slate. It would be less confusing for the inevitable hordes of new posters, since they wouldn't have to wade through some of the old and obsolete threads. Just my two cents.

Last edited by HardRock; 02-05-2012 at 08:08.

I think most readers would react poorly to wipes of their hundreds and thousands of posts and ongoing threads, many of which will remain relevant post-release.

We'll be opening numerous new forums, with release. Strategy forum, strat forum for all classes, trading forums, hardcore forum, etc. So there will be plenty of fresh, new, clean forums to play in. But I don't see us wiping any of the existing.

--Flux

Oh no, I don't think you guys should wipe anything. Just move the current threads from the general discussions sub-forum to a new one (or just rename it, that's probably simpler) that will make it clear that it's a pre-release forum and then possibly lock it. This way people could still link to relevant information, but new posters won't have to wonder whether or not a given thread is still relevant.

I think that we'll see such an influx of new posters and such a flood of comments and threads that anything old or irrelevant will be on page 11 in about 6 hours?

--Flux

Yeah, I'm probably over-thinking this. I tend to do that.

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

Thumbs up Re: Will the beta forum be removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    We'll be opening numerous new forums, with release. Strategy forum, strat forum for all classes, trading forums, hardcore forum, etc. So there will be plenty of fresh, new, clean forums to play in. But I don't see us wiping any of the existing.

Eschew obfuscation!