Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Playin first HC (non twink) self found char. Lookin for help.

Quote Originally Posted by FredOfErik View Post
    I love duress! Armor type doesn't really matter IMO. I wouldn't run for one in any case. You'll be likely to find something before you get the Um rune.
    So does armor on mercs not matter all that much? I thort high defense would be something ud want to aim for?

Quote Originally Posted by Shagsbeard View Post
    I'd replace the head you have with a +3 summon tree head or a +2 all skills head as soon as you can find one.
    Yep working onnit, have had 0 luck so far with boots/rings/gloves/helmets. The lore is just a temporary cheap fix. =/

Update: Currently lvl 73 just got to lower kurast.

Sup BoozBear, re: Duress armour for your merc. It adds cold damage so some corpses will shatter and won't be available for CE. But that shouldn't be too much of a hindrance.

A cheaper armour would be Treachery which gives added IAS and major +resists when Fade triggers. I beleive armour type does matter but seeing as this is untwinked you may not be able to get that Archon Plate or Dusk Shroud in a hurry. Keep a look out for some Great Hauberks or Scarab Husks as they can give defense too, which gets enhanced by the Duress runeword. Good luck.

I'd say 73 is pretty underleveled for Act III if playing HC. I'd go back and run ancient tunnels or even the tombs by Blood Raven until I got up a bit more.

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies dave and shags you gave me both some stuff to consider.

For a update tho im currently now lvl 79 and just finished nithaliak. The hardest part ive faced so far with ease was defintly, act 5 first area, the bloody foothills, and my GOD were they bloody with MY blood. I got beaten to within a inch of my life (id say below 50 out of 1000 health) twice. I had seriously forgotten just how baddd those slingers were. No matter wat i did dim vision attract, summon golem ahead of me etc. there was just another 5-10 more spread out peppering me with there spears. Prolly took me id say an hour? or so just to clear the first quest. Then in hauls of vaught i met like 5? tomb vipers at the stairs that shot poisin balls and they literally would wipe out my whole army (11 skellies + merc + 5k life clay golem) in about 5 seconds. But after i managed to clear those 5 after like 5 rez's of my merc i didnt see anymore lukily and was able to kill nithalak with np.

And just now im heading towards ancients and BAM, colossus voulge drops grey name. Pick it up, etheral, 3 sockets. PERFECT for crescent moon, im now torn between making armor first or crescent moon once i manage to get a um? Any thoughts any1?

Also got a ****ty io from hellforge in hell. Not happy about that i must say i got a pul from nightmare >.>

Shael+Shael+Amn for the CV til you get runes for Crescent Moon. Another good merc armour is Smoke (Nef+Lum), cheap and helps out with resists and FHR.

IncGamers Member

Ye i was toying with the idea of smoke, havent got a lum yet tho, guess i will c what pops up. Cheers dave =)

IncGamers Member

Small update, finished my first hell completion of hardcore at lvl 80. Also found a airocs needle for my merc till i can get crescent moon but he cant even wear it yet cause he needs 81 lol. Dunno how to move foward into mfing, if any1 has some tips as to wat i should do feel free to lemme kno. Atm i have a reallly nice mephisto map roll with the waypoint being right next to durance 3 entrance. So i guess ill stik there until anyway wants to gimme some pointers =)

Thanks for all the help guys.

Congrats on your first Guardian! :

An hour for Hell Bloody Foothills sounds reasonably fast to me. I doubt that even my stronger characters deals with it that quickly. But I am a very slow player who kills everything and picks up and sells nearly everything (and usually also checks Larzuk's items every town visit),

IncGamers Member

Thanks jiansonz. Ye i will be exactly like u wen i play d3, as for this this is just a bit of fun leading up to it so was just breezing over most stuff. Interesting point to note that i forgot to mention with my last post. Got my gf to tell me wat time it was just as i started killing baal.... took me 8 mins to kill him cause i had no CB rofl. Was so pathetic xD

IncGamers Member

Hey guys, have had some pretty good luck since i got my guardian. Started running hell meph with my awsum map role (durance 3 right next to waypoint) and picked up a teleport staff from a npc and got a 3 socket helm/armor from npc as well and chukt a 6 topaz's in em. Anyway getting a couple uniques now pikt up carin shard wand and got a UM (!!!) drop off meph so pretty stoked.

Anyway main reason im here is for help once again if you dont mind, first of all... I totally spaced and forgot about the whole kill the cow king can never access em again etc... so was wondering if theres any mod that i can do to change that?

Also with the um now dropped im not sure what to make out of it, im currently using on my merc a airocs needle +3, a goldskin full plate mail for resists and a wormhole helm that i found randomly for the life leech. Im leaning towards duress cause it will give me CB as well as some resists, but crescent moon (will b in a etheral CV) has 7% to static field which is basically CB anyway but ill lose the +skills to might. So its a toss up. Any thorts?