Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member Such Violent Storms's Avatar

Re: Interesting dungeon champion-elite farming build

Quote Originally Posted by redrach View Post
    The point is not to use Tempest Rush as a primary damage skill. It's being used as a mobility skill (note the +25% movement speed rune) so that he can rush through a dungeon and find elites. Then you use Cyclone Strike + Crippling Wave + Lashing Tail Kick/Exploding Palm to kill things.
    This. I think confusion would be subdued if this were stated clearer in the OP (not to say the OP lacks the ability to be clear).

Sweeping Wind isn't a must, but it adds a nice 3 spirit/s regen as well as makes your dps while Tempest Rushing more noticeable so you can kill trash mobs as you run through them.
    And SW probably looks awesome whilst running around.

I like this build. It has spunk. Pizazz.

IncGamers Member

The point is not to use Tempest Rush as a primary damage skill. It's being used as a mobility skill (note the +25% movement speed rune) so that he can rush through a dungeon and find elites. Then you use Cyclone Strike + Crippling Wave + Lashing Tail Kick/Exploding Palm to kill things.
    Sweeping Wind isn't a must, but it adds a nice 3 spirit/s regen as well as makes your dps while Tempest Rushing more noticeable so you can kill trash mobs as you run through them.
    Exactly, couldn't have put it better myself. Although i beat you to the reply by one minute, hehe.

Well indeed, and say that you could achieve a 10 spirit per second, very interesting builds could rise that are evoloved through this concept of rushing through a dungeon with high movement speed through tempest rush. Maybe even fleet fotted for 10% movement speed passive ability could be added.

Maybe replace Mantra of healing with Mantra of conviction with overawe rune for 24% additional damage, and change up sweeping wind for Seven sided strike etc etc etc...

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Such Violent Storms View Post
    This. I think confusion would be subdued if this were stated clearer in the OP (not to say the OP lacks the ability to be clear).

And SW probably looks awesome whilst running around.

I like this build. It has spunk. Pizazz.
    I have edited the main/original post abit to clarify the intentions of this build! Glad you liked it! i indeed think it will look pretty awesome in game.

IncGamers Member

Why not just get thunderclap on fist of thunder to teleport, or something equivalent. Also, using 75 spirit to get 3spirit/s(while at maximum stack)? Seems kind of counter intuitive.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by xaec View Post
    Maybe replace Mantra of healing with Mantra of conviction with overawe rune for 24% additional damage, and change up sweeping wind for Seven sided strike etc etc etc...
    Right. Depending on exactly how much regen you can get you could possibly even go completely overboard with movement speed, for example:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UciVfh!aYb!ZZYcYb
    That'd put you at a positively silly +55% movement speed for 5 seconds after you crit thrice with WotHF, followed by a steady +40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrial View Post
    Why not just get thunderclap on fist of thunder to teleport, or something equivalent. Also, using 75 spirit to get 3spirit/s(while at maximum stack)? Seems kind of counter intuitive.
    Well you can't Thunderclap without any targets around, while with enough spirit regen you can Tempest Rush forever for the 25% movespeed. The kb also keeps enemies disoriented while you run through the dungeon.
    If you can keep up Sweeping Wind between battles (less than 6s between mobs, which might be doable with all the speed we have), then the 75 spirit cost is a one-time cost over a large duration. If you can maintain it for over 25s, it'll pay for itself and more. This is together with the damage it does. Of course this is hoping Tempest Rushing maintains Sweeping Wind's stacks. Otherwise it'll have to be cut.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrial View Post
    Hm, why should getting a thunderclap runed fist of thunder help this build out? its not a very useful skill for moving fast over a longer time period, it only works as a small gap closer (about half a screen, and only teleports on the first attack of three). What else would be equivalent to that? dashing strike? a gap closer aswell and not really what i am going for...

The reason i spend 75 spirit to get 3 spirit per second, is to be able to keep using tempest rush until i find an elite/champion pack of monsters. Without atleast 10 in passive regen, either from gear or skills (here assuming skills), i wont be able to rush with tempest rush indefinately.
    I also think it is useful to get my damage up abit, making it more noticable when rushing and not having the damage come only from tempest rush.

I also think sweeping wind will be useful when i find that elite pack, and pull them together with cyclone strike, as an extra damage source.

IncGamers Member

Right. Depending on exactly how much regen you can get you could possibly even go completely overboard with movement speed, for example:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Vfh!aYb!ZZYcYb
    That'd put you at a positively silly +55% movement speed for 5 seconds after you crit thrice with WotHF, followed by a steady +40%.
    Ah! i really like that build, just to show what can be done i mean. I wonder if it maybe is aabit crazy going for the generator for 5 seconds speed with WotHF hehe, but i get your idea, going overboard !
    And i like it!

I wonder if it is any kind of cap to passive movement increase?

IncGamers Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about Way of the Falling Star (Dashing Strike rune) - adds 25% move speed after dashing.
    80% move speed for 3s in all. :P

IncGamers Member

Once you get to your champions/elites, what would you actually use to kill them? I do like the hundred fists /blazing fists change.

IncGamers Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about Way of the Falling Star (Dashing Strike rune) - adds 25% move speed after dashing.
    80% move speed for 3s in all. :P
    Hehe well well.

I read your reply about tempest rush attacks not refreshing sweeping wind. That might indeed be the case, and would be sad. Lets hope it does! I guess it should refresh it, just as any other melee attack. From what i can understand sweeping wind is a skill that you will click, and then try to keep alive by fighting! i mean, it would seems pretty certain that a standard generator could refresh sweeping wind, and by that i think that tempest rush also could do it.

Although, we can not know for sure, and will have to wait til may 15+ to find out...