Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Interesting dungeon champion-elite farming build

a speedrunner build doesn't make a whole lot of sense if your are not able to kill the championpack once you get there 8(

so it should be easy to adjust the build with some changes (skills and items) while still maintining the core of the runner idea.

another possibilty is to run there fast, just survive, call in the cavalery (the 3 teammates waiting in town for the "port-in" command via flag) and they do the killing.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo View Post
    If game is anything close as hard as they say i think this build is way too sub optimal to actually handle the packs with flying colors when you finally get to them. Getting quickly to first champion/elite/unique pack is only half of the whole story.

If we take real life analogy one could compare it to breaking the speed limit while driving. You can save couple of minutes, but crash once and you might spend months in hospital or even be done for good. In the context of the game i say what matters is that how many packs can you do on average in a hour and how much MF you can afford to have. Running fast saves time, but dying costs time and ​gold.
    I would like to respond to this, by saying that the fully intentions of this build certainly isn't handling the hardest part of the game. It's designed with the idea to be able to farm through content you can play through without focusing yourself to a 100% degree, as i reckon late inferno will require.

With that in mind, i guess i should elaborate on where i think this build will shine.
    Places that you have already cleared, when you find yourself in a position that you might not reach up to a certain gear level that you need to progress, or even that you just want better gear to be able to farm higher level places.

So, all in all, this is to be used mainly, in my idea, in a zone that you actually can beat without breaking too many sweats, but doing so very effectively.

Allow me to draw a parallell to Diablo II LOD which i assume many of you have played. Say you have cleared hell after a ladder reset. Sure, it was doable, but it is not like you are going to go chaos/travincal runs for highest profit right away, as your character most likely is not geared enough to handle theese areas effectively even if you have made it through them. The more useful and in my opinion better strategy is to go to areas that you can easly handle, and handle them with speed. For instance, countess, mephisto and maybe even andariel. To gather the gear required, to eventually be able to farm the zones earlier mentioned, such as chaos/baal/trav/nihlathalk.

This build will be used in areas it actually CAN handle. I'm sure it can be used in the harder areas of inferno, when properly (read: best) geared. And i'm sure it could be improved by swapping out a skill here and there. But that is not the point.

The build should be used where it shines, which is in areas that you actually can handle fairly well. This build will just help you handle them much faster, which will hopefully lead to better findings over time!

Last edited by xaec; 02-05-2012 at 21:35.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Such Violent Storms View Post
    And SW probably looks awesome whilst running around.
    Hmm, Sweeping Wind now has a video on the D3 website.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/active/

I'm sorta disappointed. I expected a whirling column of dust (and chi) around your character, like the whirling dervishes in videos we've seen previously. Not some flimsy blue breeze.

Oh well, I'll probably still use it.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by redrach View Post

I'm sorta disappointed. I expected a whirling column of dust (and chi) around your character, like the whirling dervishes in videos we've seen previously. Not some flimsy blue breeze.

Ah. Well well, still looks pretty ok in my opinion. Wonder how it will look with tempest rush being used at the same time.

Hm, does the nephalem buff work on hell? or is it only on inferno mode?

IncGamers Member Such Violent Storms's Avatar

Granted that's only one rune of SW. The Blade Storm rune probably looks much different!
    My guess is that's the unruned skill.

Nephalem buff works in all difficulties.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Such Violent Storms View Post
    Granted that's only one rune of SW. The Blade Storm rune probably looks much different!
    My guess is that's the unruned skill.

Nephalem buff works in all difficulties.
    True, true that is only one rune. I still can't say i dislike it that much though, i think it looks pretty ok.
    Ah, thats really nice to hear that the Nephalem buff works in every difficulty level.

I have gotten myself sucked into the dilemma of whether i shuold roll a male or a female monk as my starting character. I think its the one character of the games five that actually looks really good on both genders. Although, i don't like the voice acting from the female so much..oh well, thats for another thread.

I watched a few videos of some runed monk skills, and bevare, this video is taken from a buggy emulator, and is indeed a SPOILER if you care to stay away from those. Although, not a story spoiler, it only shows how some runed spells will look, most of which we already have seen. Anywho, im sharing it here.

---------------SPOILER WARNING OF HIGH LEVEL SPELLS/RUNES. NO STORY SPOILER.---------------
    ---------------SPOILER WARNING OF HIGH LEVEL SPELLS/RUNES. NO STORY SPOILER.--------------

I must say SSS looks really good! Would like to have it in my build aswell...

I actually wonder if it would be useful to maybe use LTK with the ranged attack rune, and maybe just slow hard enemies and try to take them out from a distance? Whats your opinion on that?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by redrach View Post

Heres a few pics/vids of Sweeping Wind with rune effects.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Sweeping_Wind

IncGamers Member

Re: Interesting dungeon champion-elite farming build <****** src=http://forums.weddin

Hmm, that does seem better.