Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IncGamers Member

Re: I have a fantastic suggestion for Diablo 3

I really would like more character slots and more stash tabs. Hopefully these get patched in eventually...

IncGamers Member

There was a Bashiok post on the subject, something to the effect that they scaled storage back for release "just in case" to make sure there was plenty of room for everyone that might try to make an account that day. I do expect more, just not immediately.

BattleTag starrise-1321

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmere View Post
    There was a Bashiok post on the subject, something to the effect that they scaled storage back for release "just in case" to make sure there was plenty of room for everyone that might try to make an account that day. I do expect more, just not immediately.
    I would tend to agree with that sentiment. I haven't seen the quote, but I can imagine if they have a reasonably easy-going release, and after the initial "newb" rush dies down, they will possibly expand storage both for characters and items. You'll probably have to pay gold for the latter at least, and probably a lot, but it is certainly a possibility. I'd say it'd happen some time after the first year, if it is going to happen.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by stonerdoom View Post
    This.

You don't need three of everything. Each guy has ALL the skills/runes (remember the big deal that everyone made about it). All you need is your equipment to twink your guy to the slant that you want.

what if you really love a class, and have several friends that want to level characters up? "sorry bro, i'd like to level up with you, but im not going to erase my demon hunter to do so, you're gonna have to do it alone"

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by a black kid View Post
    what if you really love a class, and have several friends that want to level characters up? "sorry bro, i'd like to level up with you, but im not going to erase my demon hunter to do so, you're gonna have to do it alone"
    Also, if you want to run two different builds of the same class at the same time it's a lot more convenient to have two of them instead of respecing and regearing.

IncGamers Member

its kind of ridiculous that people who are against this have only ONE argument "well, you dont need more than one of each class, because you can respec and regear and i dont care about other people's logical reasons"

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Nizaris's Avatar

My guess is that we'll see increased character slots when a new hero is announced. Probably 2 - 1 slot for SC, 1 slot for HC.

As for the OP's suggestion, it's not bad. I just don't think it's necessary or really all that practical.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nizaris View Post
    My guess is that we'll see increased character slots when a new hero is announced. Probably 2 - 1 slot for SC, 1 slot for HC.
    That wouldn't really solve the problem, just keep status quo.

IncGamers Member

It's not like we are dealing with a startup here. At $60 a pop if blizzard needs a couple of 30tb sharks with 10g cna's in order to provide everyone 10 more db entries, I'm guessing they can handle it.

BattleTag starrise-1321

Except there is no expected continuous revenue stream on a per account basis, and thus no return on further investment. Why spend more than you have to if you don't expect anything in return? Unfortunately for us (though realistically, fortunately for us) they are a business, not a charity.

Regarding the RMAH: they have stated it will be income neutral. It is not clear whether it will be yet, because it has never been seriously attempted before by such a well-established company. I imagine if it turns out to be greatly income positive, they will spend some of that money on the customers to create additional revenue via incentivization. Whether this results in more character slots, more stash space, or whether Bobby Kotick buys a solid gold yacht, who knows? All we can do with that is speculate.