Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Hybrid View

IncGamers Member

Diablo 3 Gameplay Settings for New Players

These are the options that I have seen a few of the top streamers using, mainly Kripp, and I have not seen them posted anywhere. They really helped me improve my game play when i picked up the game recently, so I hope this helps out some other new players!

<****** class="restrain" title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SYiRrf_OQ7o?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0">

IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 3 Gameplay Settings for New Players

Some of the default options are sooo stupid. Why would anyone even want to play without elective mode or advanced tooltips? I don't even understand why the option to play without these is even in the game, let alone default. O_o

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by capnlarge View Post
    Some of the default options are sooo stupid. Why would anyone even want to play without elective mode or advanced tooltips? I don't even understand why the option to play without these is even in the game, let alone default. O_o
    EXACTLY! I don't know what blizzard was thinking..

BattleTag Ask me!

I've experienced first hand that advanced tooltips are more confusing than simple tooltips, at least for a beginner player. But you're able to very easily switch to advanced tooltips so, everybody wins!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Urzuxo View Post
    I've experienced first hand that advanced tooltips are more confusing than simple tooltips, at least for a beginner player. But you're able to very easily switch to advanced tooltips so, everybody wins!
    Very True, I know that many of my friends who didn't come from another game such as WoW did not understand what things like 120% weapon dmg and how scaling works.