Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Paypal cashout fee ?

I know blizzard said that after selling an item on the RMAH choosing to transfer the money to battle.net account will not apply additional fees. On the other hand, transferring the money to paypal account will cost us additional fee. Anyone know what will that be ?

BattleTag FizzyBubbly-1527

Re: Paypal cashout fee ?

Quote Originally Posted by snowcatcher View Post
    I know blizzard said that after selling an item on the RMAH choosing to transfer the money to battle.net account will not apply additional fees. On the other hand, transferring the money to paypal account will cost us additional fee. Anyone know what will that be ?
    There is no official word but the amount that we expect has been touched upon in almost every single thread in this part of the markets forum.

ATM from paypal's website we expect the following

2.9% + .30 / transaction

Realize this is taken after the blizzard fee ( either 15% for commodities or $1.25USD for items )

For example Axe of Awesome sold for $15 on RMAH:
    15-1.25 = 13.75 sent to paypal
    Paypal takes 2.9% + $0.30
    (13.75*.971) - .30 = $13.05 total in paypal account

Awaiting user confirming email address

Quote Originally Posted by snowcatcher View Post
    It all depends on if Blizzard have done a deal with paypal for a rate for the game or if we are going to be using standard paypal fee's
    I live the UK and my fees are: 3.4% + 0.20 GBP with 0 - 1500 per month going in. The rate gets smaller the more money you pay into your account.

Check paypal.com about this info in $ or euros

Blizzard have yet to confirm all the small details.

IncGamers Member

In other RMAH games there was no fees to cash out using PayPal (Station Exchange/Live Gamer). The PayPal fee structure may not apply to this situation. Blizzard is just transfering money to your account and that is a free service. The posted PayPal fees are for sellers receiving money (EBay for example). I could be wrong on how Blizzard intends to handle this, however I am just going on what I experienced with other RMAH over the years. Information is supposed to be released soon on this however.

IncGamers Member

bliz has also spoken about another fee, a % fee, that they will take to transfer $ to paypal.

we'll see in 2 weeks if that manifests.

Awaiting user confirming email address

I assume there will be a seperate paypal fee. Paypal arn't going to provide blizzard the service from free.
    I think it will be standard paypal fees.

IncGamers Member

I think you missing the point, there is no fee to transfer money with a PayPal account to another PayPal account. Blizzard cannot invent PayPal fees if they do not exsist. You are not a seller, you are just receiving money to your account from Blizzard's account, which should be (and has been in previous RMAH games) a free service of PayPal.
    Although, if Blizzard intends to eventually sell characters, the $1.25 fee will be way too low and I would guess they will go % based on higher ticket sales. My guess (just a guess) will be a $1.25 fee to a certain point, then a percentage base of the sale if it exceeds a certain amount. Maybe something along the lines of 5-10% fee on any sale that exceeds a certain amount. You cannot expect Blizzard to take $1.25 fee when some items/characters might be selling for several hundred dollars. Especially if you believe they are doing this to make money.
    This is just my guess with no basis, other than my experience on how other games handled thier RMAH. Again, this could be totally off, but this is what I think "might" happen if Blizzard is indeed looking at the auction house for profits as well as player convenience.

BattleTag Azzure-1989

I believe the full and final fee structure is coming soon, according to Bashiok.

IncGamers Member

I think "Soon" may be the only word in the Blizzard vocabulary for describing anything temporal.

IncGamers Member

For Romania (EU) :
    -2,9% + 0.30 euros per transaction.
    Transfering from my PayPal to my bank account / card : 2 euros per transaction.

Now, there are PayPal fees that applies to every source of money that comes to a PayPal account :
    -bank accounts
    -cards

I am not sure if same fees applies if money come from another PP account, probably no fees if the accounts have same owner, but i think the fees applies if the money come from a PP account of a different owner.

Blizzard have no statements of additional fees (if any).Will know "soon" if there are any additional fees.