Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: "Inferno is not designed to be beatable by HC character" - Jay Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Sulle View Post
    I doubt he means that seriously, because if inferno isnīt designed to be beatable by a HC character, then whatīs the point of playing it in the first place? It doesnīt make sense.
    Difference between "designed for" and "possible".

The information to take away from the statement is that they are designing inferno around non-hardcore play..meaning..you WILL DIE MANY TIMES. They want you to die, thats the design. That doesn't mean you cannot do it on HC without dying..it just means it will be hard as hell and a great challenge.

Banned

I would never personally play HC. It just seems like a stupid thing to have one death cancel out hours of work, but I guess for those with lots of time to make new characters it isnt a big deal.

I really like this news, and really hope Inferno is as hard as they are claiming it to be.

There will be build combinations and somehow it will be possible. Just very tough.

Edit : "Build combinations" as of between 4 chars.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dnttryme View Post
    I would never personally play HC. It just seems like a stupid thing to have one death cancel out hours of work, but I guess for those with lots of time to make new characters it isnt a big deal.

I really like this news, and really hope Inferno is as hard as they are claiming it to be.

Hours of work? It's fun.

BattleTag Halfsoul-2361

Quote Originally Posted by xManiaCCCx View Post
    Well..you can still prove them wrong ...
    I fear a lot of people would rather want to play SC now in stead of HC, if inferno is so difficult, that you will probably never complete inferno. However, like you said lets prove them wrong :-)

IncGamers Member

Hmm I never played HC in D2 but I'm tempted now. Finally a true challenge! Think of the prestige that the first to beat Inferno on HC will get... It will be like climbing Mount Everest (well, not quite but still big in video game terms ).

I only hope they won't water down Inferno if people start to QQ... Probably not since the longevity of the game depends on it being insanely hard (for now at least, maybe they'll add endgame content later).

IncGamers Member Such Violent Storms's Avatar

I can already see the team of gosu Koreans assembling.

IncGamers Member BohemianStalker's Avatar
    BattleTag Revan-2822

Dont forget that all the inferno is propably balanced according to zarhyms grandmother and some other seniors in diablo 3 developer team

BattleTag Halfsoul-2361

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedreams View Post
    Difference between "designed for" and "possible".

The information to take away from the statement is that they are designing inferno around non-hardcore play..meaning..you WILL DIE MANY TIMES. They want you to die, thats the design. That doesn't mean you cannot do it on HC without dying..it just means it will be hard as hell and a great challenge.
    I know the differences between the two, but the English semantics just bothered me: if inferno is possible to beat by a HC character, then itīs in my mind also designed to be that exactly that, because if it wasnīt designed that way, then it would logically not be possible to beat the game. So I thought they changed the design alltogether.

It is however reasonible to believe, that Blizzard isnīt interested in making a game, which isnīt beatable on HC, how small the number of HC players must be thus itīs not possible not to be able to beat inferno or not designed to be beatable by a HC character...whatever you prefer hehe

IncGamers Member

Worst. News. Ever.