Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Re: "Inferno is not designed to be beatable by HC character" - Jay Wilson

That actually doesn't bug me. in D2 i don't think i had more than a couple characters that finished the game in HC, and I think they were mostly decently powered builds. none of my crazy ones got that far. In fact, if I recall, almost all of them met untimely ends well before the end of the game. It's not the destination, it's the journey.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Whats the ultimate D2 HC accomplishment? its not beating hell, its being lvl 99. Doing this in Diablo 2 today starting fresh is not possible without hacking with a botter. And this is supposed to be even harder. sooo...
    That's a lie. I've known plenty of people personally who did it.

Not sure if anyone saw this: https://twitter.com/#!/Angryrobotics...27154352013313

So no one has completed inferno in the internal beta testing, and they said they had quite a lot of people playing higher difficulties. That's pretty cool I would say

IncGamers Member

IMO, Highly skilled coop will be the most 'reliable' method of inferno completion(therefore best HC approach), and I'd be willing to say they designed it that way-good coop >solo in hightly tuned, over level situations. The tweet is basically Jay answering the question: is inferno designed to allow non-death solo play..he denies this and gives it vagueness. Deduction, to me, leaves coop as the reason. But I have Supporting reasons on pg 5 and 6 on how this syncs with coop by design theory. Interesting implications for MF and inferno farming, if this is accurate.

IncGamers Member

If Blizzard designed hardcore to be beatable they'd design it to be beatable by 95% of the playerbase. As it is it isn't designed for that. They haven't made it with the aim of any specific fraction of the playerbase being able to complete it. It's just there, no effort has been made to make it more/less completable.

If they'd designed hardcore to be be beatable by the 95% then Inferno difficulty would be; Beta difficulty cut back to 25% of what it is and your characters base HP and dmg increased by at least x3.

If it can be beaten in softcore it can be beaten in hardcore. The only difference is the not dying. With enough time and practise in softcore (or in hardcore, although in hardcore it'll take you a really long time if inferno can kill you as easily as Blizzard propaganda would suggest) you'll know the gear you need to farm/gah in hardcore at any given stage to stay alive.

IncGamers Member

I linked this video some time ago, which really scared me at the time. But looking at it again, they are speaking from the perspective of a SC character (notice how they mention balancing defensive stats and magic find), who typically go all out for DPS and the flashy abilities. A HC character, 100% built for survival, shouldn't suffer any deaths without making a mistake. At least I hope so, otherwise it will be pointless playing HC and, seeing as I have no intentions of playing SC, well, that's money down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblavkalash View Post
    Not sure if anyone saw this: https://twitter.com/#!/Angryrobotics...27154352013313

So no one has completed inferno in the internal beta testing, and they said they had quite a lot of people playing higher difficulties. That's pretty cool I would say
    Gamers have always traditionally > Developers though :P. I have every confidence that it won't be long before the super-hardcore (not the game mode) beat Inferno, even solo. For someone like me however, it will take a looooooooooooooooong time, but I'm cool with that.

Similarly, I'm sure people will beat it on Hardcore :P.

BattleTag Brokenstorm-1880

Quote Originally Posted by z00t View Post
    Similarly, I'm sure people will beat it on Hardcore :P.
    The banner we unlock the doing that is better be EPIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenstorm View Post
    The banner we unlock the doing that is better be EPIC.
    Someone on Reddit had a hilarious idea for this:

The banner upgrade is that the base of skulls that your banner rests on becomes a giant throne of skulls with you sitting on it, and your banner becomes your cape.

Imagine pressing 'G' and seeing that :P.

People are reading way too much into his words, and at this point it's 100% speculation since no one outside of Blizzard has seen the endgame. There is literally no proof that anyone can provide to back up anything they are saying. About the only thing we can be sure of is that someone, at some point, will beat it. There's a possibility that it will be overtuned and after chewing up countless HC characters someone will provide the math that proves a specific encounter is broken and Blizzard will make some sort of change. There's also a possibility that someone will figure out a way to "cheese" it in a relatively short amount of time. Anyone with a history in gaming knows that it's impossible for a group of developers to think of everything that their playerbase will try.

If you took "Not designed for HC" to mean that it's impossible, then you are just looking for something to complain about.