Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: The Barbarian single-target DPS challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by ElementEight View Post
    Bash does a lot less DPS than Frenzy. Maniac also improves all of your damage by 4% per stack (20%) as long as you keep it up, which could end up being massive if you use it as you use EQ or CotA.

This seems good, but we'd really need to math out whether or not having a certain crit bonus for a certain duration is worth the inferior damage brought by Revenge and Overpower.
    True, but with that build you wanted to focus on single target boss fights, and we don't know how long the average boss fight will be, and from the videos ive seen, most testers who have been in inferno say damage is not king, you NEED defensive stuff in there.

But all that aside, the build I posted gets you over 50% crit on single target with +50% bonus to crit and lots of bonus damage with hammer.

I can't wait for the game so the theory crafting will make more sense haha. everything we do at this point we have to take with a grain of salt!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Greystone-1553

If I was building a barbarian that had the sole purpose of bursting down a boss mob I would probably choose a build like this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...TjP!ZYV!ZcZbcZ With zero fury you can cast war cry and then bash the mob roughly 5x and be at 100 fury and instantly cast wotb, earthquake and cota and ignore pain. That's a STUPID amount of damage layered together all at once and it can be done from zero fury. I can't imagine much being able to deal with 4000% weapon damage earthquake, your ancients doing double damage with one of them landing 2 500% leaps, your bashes doing 388%, and the boss taking 75% of it's own damage for each attack it lands on you, all at once. Layer all that together and it's retarded. If I was starting out with full fury and the boss mob could manage to outlive all 3 of those stacked at once then I could easily drop wotb+earthquake and let them play out followed by cota+ignore pain for 30 seconds of pwnage.

IncGamers Member

You left quite a bit crucial knowledge open. What's the time frame and is flying start allowed? (Full frenzy stacks, full fury bar etc.)

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by ElementEight View Post
    Bash does a lot less DPS than Frenzy. Maniac also improves all of your damage by 4% per stack (20%) as long as you keep it up, which could end up being massive if you use it as you use EQ or CotA.

Maniac doesn't improve overall damage by 4% per stack (20%), it only improves damage of Frenzy. Bash+Punish improves dmg of other skills like CotA or EQ.

With the right gear aka -5Fury cost for CotA, and posibility to use CotA every bash I don't see another build managing to out dps it.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedreams View Post
    and from the videos ive seen, most testers who have been in inferno say damage is not king, you NEED defensive stuff in there.
    Which videos and testers are you refering to?

Quote Originally Posted by NotUsed View Post
    Maniac doesn't improve overall damage by 4% per stack (20%), it only improves damage of Frenzy. Bash+Punish improves dmg of other skills like CotA or EQ.
    Where do you hold this information from? The wording seems to indicate that all damage is increased by 4% per stack. Otherwise, it would be worded the same way the attack speed bonus is, or so I assume.

IncGamers Member

That's the only thing that makes sense to me although my English is not good.
    Frenzy
    Swing for
    110% weapon damage. Frenzy attack speed increases by 15% with each swing. This effect can stack up to 5 times for a total bonus of 75% attack speed.
    Maniac
    Each Frenzy effect also increases your damage by 4%.
    For me it means that on 5 stacks of Frenzy I will get 75% increase in attack speed and 20% in damage in Frenzy skill.

In Bash+Punish

Punish

Increases the damage of your skills by 6% for 5 seconds after using Bash. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
    it clearly states all skills.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by NotUsed View Post
    That's the only thing that makes sense to me although my English is not good.
    Swing for 110% weapon damage. Frenzy attack speed increases by 15% with each swing. This effect can stack up to 5 times for a total bonus of 75% attack speed.
    Maniac

Each Frenzy effect also increases your damage by 4%.

For me it means that on 5 stacks of Frenzy I will get 75% increase in attack speed and 20% in damage in Frenzy skill.

In Bash+Punish

Punish

Increases the damage of your skills by 6% for 5 seconds after using Bash. This effect stacks up to 3 times.

it clearly states all skills.
    My logic is that they're trying to exclude non-skill sources of damage (thorns/reflect, weapon elemental damage) from the equation with the Bash/Punish rune, while Maniac would effect all sources regardless. In addition, we can see that Punish is basically Bash's equivalent to the Maniac rune; we see many effects mirrored, with Onslaught = Sidearm, Smite = Stun, and such. It would therefore make sense that it'd be trying to improve other skill's damage (or all of your sources, though weirdly put).

BattleTag SiegeValgore-1984

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siege Valgore View Post
    Not coming up properly. ;|

Edit: This brings up a very good discussion; are you better to use Frenzy and Furious charge + Berserker Rage OR Bash and Hammer of the Ancients + some other passive?

IncGamers Member

Yeah, link is without any passives.
    ElementEight you know my opinion, keep max fury with bash and use BR for increased HotA dmg.
    I don't know how you can't see superiority ^^ of my build.
    BTW.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VTP!ZYc!YZaZcZ

just to see Eq and WotB scaling.

Edit: I didn't think you want to use Furious Charge as damage skill, I though you just wanted it as a gap closer to constantly be in fight. I will use HotA >3 times and you will use 1 time Furious Charge.

Last edited by NotUsed; 01-05-2012 at 01:34.