Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wizard Set Gear.

As I'm looking into the gear, I can't take my eyes off from
    Tal Rasha's Set.

BUT Sadly it says LVL 60.
    Will there be any low lvl set Gear ?
    Or what gear will you be using ?

Re: Wizard Set Gear.

Supposedly lower level (non-LVL60) Set items will be craftable and will never drop. With the new item database revision I don't know if these are still in the game or not, but I hope they are. The reason they won't drop is because the devs didn't like it, that you almost always over-leveled the low level Sets and by the time you completed them they became obsolete.

IncGamers Member

Before Blizzard decided they're "not ready" yet, it seemed like there was a very limited amount of low level sets. After all, it makes little sense to create low-level items that most people will never find before they are way above the level where those items are actually any good. In D2 at least the item level had little to do with how good it was and it was more about the special stats you can get from it that you can't get elsewhere (and even then the good low level set/unique items were often too lacking on the stats), so you found yourself using them even at higher levels. I don't think this was a very good thing, though, so it's good they won't have much uber-rare items for lower levels, and at most just have some sets you can craft that will hopefully be easy enough to be worth getting even if just for your first character. I wouldn't like them to bother too much creating items that will only be use-able by those who make them with a max level character to use on their new characters.

Of course, your question itself has little to do with wizards

so We won't be doing Low LvL PvP ?

Tal Rasha, oh how I miss your purplish hues.

This can only be found in Inferno and the drop rate will probably be hideously low.

IncGamers Member

I really hope they use the 1 optional piece system. Full set bonuses one piece short so you can customize your setup. Say you got full set and you get new weapon upgrade. Swap the weapon maintain set bonuses. Get a new helm equip the set weapon again and swap the helm and so forth. Makes the item set system much more dynamic.

IncGamers Member

I feel like that defeats the purpose of having the set bonus, though.

IncGamers Member

Not really. Sets were kinda worthless in LoD apart from the very special combo of Tal's amulet, chest and belt. WoW nailed the item set idea much better.

hmmmm It looks to me that everyone is only thinking , what to wear when reaching lvl 60.
    But how about before that. Lvl 1 to Lvl 60 is a very very long way to go. Since we won't have much C. Cutters.

With your first character you'll wear whatever you find, while stashing away items for your next chars. Personally I'll be keeping any items that has +XP on it and anything that will help me progress on Nightmare and up.