Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: What will your HC main be?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barbarian

19 21.11%
  • Demon Hunter

14 15.56%
  • Monk

12 13.33%
  • Witch Doctor

18 20.00%
  • Wizard

13 14.44%
  • I don't play HC

14 15.56%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: What will your HC main be?

I'm going to have to saw WD, purely for the passive that spirit walks you when you get hurt past critical. That's the only one of the revival passives that gives you a breather before you have to deal with whatever just (almost) killed you.

IncGamers Member

Demon Hunter

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

30% DR = BARBARIAN FTW !!!

I like the Wd as my second class, and probably a Wizard next. I'll eventually make a DH but I never plan on making a Monk because I dont like any of his skills and the weapons not even showing in his attacks just rubs me the wrong way....

I voted DH; not because I had my first big success in D2C HC with a bowazon, but because I know I'll enjoy the class a lot, and that's the real deciding factor for a char I might be playing repeatedly through rerolls.

I think the DH will be pretty well suited to HC also; ranged attacker is obviously useful, but Vault is an awesome escape skill, plus a tank minion, and two good escape skills; vault and smoke screen. I don't know if going invisible and being able to move super fast will get you out of every scenario; a Jailer, Waller, Vortex, Nightmarish boss would probably still be doom, but it seems like the best odds any char has against such a cluster of modifiers.

--Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

IncGamers Member Such Violent Storms's Avatar

Was a toss-up between DH and Monk, but I ended up going Monk. I thought that if I were to die early on a few times, it wouldn't be too bad. But a death late-game is something that would suck, so I'd probably make a mega-defensive Monk and progress reasonably slowly. Also the 30% DR helps. That, and I might get bored of the DH.

IncGamers Member

I feel like the monk and the WD are the safest picks judging from the abilities.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Really surprised Monk is bringing up the rear. Not surprised WD is in the lead, they are fairly strong too. Poor monk is so underrated though.

Ranged Barbarian(something along these lines: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...TRP!ZYf!bZcbZZ) or Defensive Monk(something along these lines: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...gjh!eUT!aaZacZ), can't quite decide which and I am still in doubt how the Ranged Barbarian will work out.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag TheMagic -1810

Quote Originally Posted by Kornkills View Post
    Really surprised Monk is bringing up the rear. Not surprised WD is in the lead, they are fairly strong too. Poor monk is so underrated though.
    I am more surprised that the rest of the voting is so close together. I mean the general votes that have been done here and at battle.net all showed the popularity order more like Monk/Barb>Wiz>DH>WD. Just goes to show that there is much more of a tactical approach required in HC.

i usually like shooting things the best so i will end up playing mostly wizard and DH when I get the game. I'll play around with the others ones later.