Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BattleTag Saydrake-1197

I can't decide which character to play still... It sucks in such a good way.

Are you guys all set on which character to start off with? Have your decisions changed after watching videos or playing the open beta?

Mine changed so many times I can't settle on a single character... They all seem so awesome.

I had always been the "mage" guy. I love magic, and usually start off most RPGs with a caster. I played wizard and I loved it, but then I played the demon hunter and surprised myself with how fun it was. Then I tried the barbarian and that was a whole new experience. I have yet to try the monk or the witch doctor but so far, I've only heard great things about them.

This is quite sad - I've waited a decade for this game and now it's two weeks from release and I have no idea what to play. I might just end up rolling a die and choosing from that come May 15th...

Last edited by Andy2702; 29-04-2012 at 05:32.

IncGamers Member

Re: I can't decide which character to play still... It sucks in such a good way.

I got to spend a little time with every class on open beta weekend. My first D2 char was a (VERY poorly designed) Necro. I played a warlock in WoW. My go-to will probably always be the Witch Doctor; I love the flexibility too much to do anything else.

However, the barb really surprised me. It still isn't much fun to watch (imo) but playing it is viscerally awesome. Monk went from something I thought I'd have to "be in the mood" to play, to my party-buff character of choice. Close-range wizards sound quite entertaining, and demon hunter feels about as good as I expected.

Basically, my preferences didn't change, but the monk and barb went from "eventually" to "I'll find an excuse to make one." Looking forward to it.

BattleTag Jackal-1357

Re: I can't decide which character to play still... It sucks in such a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy2702 View Post
    I had always been the "mage" guy. I love magic, and usually start off most RPGs with a caster. I played wizard and I loved it, but then I played the demon hunter and surprised myself with how fun in it was.
    I would do my own full post, but it would simply be this in different words!

I'm still torn about playing Wizard (as I originally decided I would) or Demon Hunter (who quickly rose in my eyes after beta) as my first character.

i tried to count how many times i changed my first character, but i've lost track.

i have finally settled on the barb. that will be my first char. not sure how far i will get before making another since all 5 are really fun but i hope its not til i ding 60. my goal is to have the barb feed items to my other chars since i love hand me downs

IncGamers Member

The WD is my favorite class... but for that very reason, she may not be my first She excels at Hardcore due to her CC and pets, and your first Hardcore char CAN'T be your first char. Ever since Hardcore was added to the beta, I've played the WD second just for that reason, and I may continue the tradition.

In which case, the Monk will probably be my first... did NOT expect to like him (always found the D2 assassin too fiddly), but it turns out I really enjoy the playstyle. His combos are fluid and easy and don't require extra planning.

I too like all the classes, a lot, though So I agree, hard call!

Had my heart set on the WD ever since June 2008.

I don't even like Pet classes or 'dark' classes, normally. However, it's the voodoo theme specifically that made me instantly love the guy.

IncGamers Member

Definitely starting with a Barbarian. Followed by a Witch Doctor. My most played classes in Diablo 2 were Necro, Barbarian and Paladin. Sadly the Diablo 3 Templar isn't playable, so I'll have to make do

IncGamers Member

The templar does ~1 point of base damage per swing, probably best left to the follower slot. Though I did get him up to 2.6 with a blue sword!

BattleTag Drakk-1562

Still deciding between a Wizard or a Barb.. Kill speed vs. survivability. I just don't know yet!

IncGamers Member

Nothing has changed for me. It will still be the WD even if it's not a necromancer. The only thing disappointing was the wizard The DH took that spot as now the wizard is dead last. Don't mind though. I will play all the classes probably have 2 of each and not even feel rushed to beat the game even in normal.