Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IncGamers Member

Re: Are they going to add more players to D3?

I sure hope they don't, even with 4 players it gets hard to tell whats happening at times, if anything I hope they reduce it to 3.
    Also there is a issue where more players means that the scaling would be off the wall and you would basically get one shotet and that is no fun whatsoever, also you feel like you are actually contributing to the action, with 8 players 3 can be wanking on the side and it would't have made any difference.

IncGamers Member Frosty_The_Snowman's Avatar
    BattleTag Fab-2857

Quote Originally Posted by Toffeldjuret View Post
    (...) with 8 players 3 can be wanking on the side and it would't have made any difference.
    Yes, but if the game is balanced, it shouldn't happen again. In Diablo2, you had often 1 hammerdin clearing the WSK while all other people were chatting. Just because the hammerdin was sooo overpowered and buggy (ignore magic resistances).

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    What? Most of D3's beta skills are simple projectiles or small aoes. I'm trying to think what would even be the flashiest. Maybe wave of force, but it lasts like a split second and has a long cd. Ray of frost (and before it, disintegrate) can be obnoxiously spun around and crosses most of the screen, but it's just a thin laz0r.
    It's funny you say that those are simple projectiles or small aoes while FO is just a swirling mass of tiny ice bolts.

Even ray of frost works and looks better.

Come to think of it, I find FO one of the ugliest skill in D2.

Last advice, get out of that little D2 shell and accept the new, more spectacular changes.

I am not gonna repeat myself because there are enough comments by beta players that the skills and their animations in D3 with 3-4 players are beyond what that is in D2.

Last edited by raveharu; 29-04-2012 at 09:56.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag JungleJim-2493
    Personally, I like 4 players max for two reasons.
    1. It makes groups have to make a choice of which character they don't include. This will mean varied tactics between proper co-op organised teams.
    2. Most players probably won't have a team of 8 friends to play with. Even with just 2 or 3 players in a multiplayer game, you don't feel like your waaay slower and less powerful than the max possible team. I felt like in d2 the only people who played 8 player coop properly together were the uber organised pro-teams. The vast majority never played in teams of 8.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimOfTheJungle View Post
    1. It makes groups have to make a choice of which character they don't include. This will mean varied tactics between proper co-op organised teams.
    2. Most players probably won't have a team of 8 friends to play with. Even with just 2 or 3 players in a multiplayer game, you don't feel like your waaay slower and less powerful than the max possible team. I felt like in d2 the only people who played 8 player coop properly together were the uber organised pro-teams. The vast majority never played in teams of 8.
    I used to do Hell Baal runs a lot back then, it wasn't hard to gather 8 people to stick with you for a few runs. But I guess things changed dramatically after patch 1.09

Last edited by bazinga; 29-04-2012 at 17:59.

IncGamers Member Frosty_The_Snowman's Avatar
    BattleTag Fab-2857

Quote Originally Posted by JimOfTheJungle View Post
    Concerning questing, you're right on that last point : being 8 in the party doesn't mean that everyone acts like a useful member of the team. Most of the time, there's only a few people really questing and trying to stay together, while someone's joining to do Meph runs, someone else joining in act1 to beg for items, 2 bots joining here and there to spam ads...

I guess we just have to get used to it. A 4-people team will also be easier and faster to create.

IncGamers Member Grayson Carlyle's Avatar

I already have problems with 3 people in the same area at a time. It just doesn't work in D3 like it does in D2 because you follow the storyline all the time. If you go to a different portion of the game than the current questline, all the quest mobs don't spawn, which means there's a lot of missing bosses and less loot. There's just no reason to not be playing together in D3, and I find that unless you're all also on voice chat while doing it, it's really difficult to even keep 4 people together killing and looting the same stuff.