Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Item dropping in Town

Best way to move items around is to store them temporarily in the shared stash, then create a new character and transfer the items to their inventory until you need them again. Especially handy at the beginning as you'll be spending the first 10,000 gold you do get on buying rings/armour or training the blacksmith.

As for dropping equipment for others to use, a very noble and honour-worthy trait that is.
    Long may you vanquish the evils from Tristram!

items have a 10 minute drop timer. There was a blue post on it recently, but I cant seem to find it.

IncGamers Member

Somewhat related: You can show others items by shift+clicking them with the chat prompt open. It posts a WoW-style link in chat that others can click to see the item without you having to drop/risk losing it.

BattleTag Saydrake-1197

Off-topic: Did they completely remove binding i.e. bind on pick-up, bind on equip, bind on anything? I remembered they had that a while back but never heard people complaining ever since...

BattleTag Duskmourn-1569

I believe it's still in place for certain quest items, but I don't think they have it for equipment outside of maybe CE stuff? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy2702 View Post
    Off-topic: Did they completely remove binding i.e. bind on pick-up, bind on equip, bind on anything? I remembered they had that a while back but never heard people complaining ever since...
    Yes, item binding is definitely out. It's most likely gone from quest items as well, since with the current matchmaking system there's no need for it.

IncGamers Member

I found a black mushroom and that was bound to account. Other than that I don't know of any items that are like that, and Blizzard specifically said that they will not use any such system for equipment.

BattleTag Tobit-1643

So we might say it's out for now. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard decided at some point that they need binding to remove high end items from the economy. I know they've said they won't, but that doesn't hold a whole lot of water with me anymore.

Honestly, with the current crafting costs I think the economy will be fine for a while. Still, inflation will happen sooner or later with the current system anyway, and the binding system would prevent that. At least I think it would. I wasn't against the binding system when it was announced for this reason and still wouldn't mind it on high-end items if it turns out that its still needed.