Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    BattleTag MrFrye-2314

Skill navbox changes

Hey, all. You may have noticed a couple of changes to the class skill navbox (found on Bash, for example).

First off, I added a new section for each class, as a place to put the Skill specialties. I added the primary attribute for each class basically just to add more meat to the section. If anyone has some feedback or suggestions for additional info, let me know.

Second off, I found a navbox that Flux made of the followers and their skills. Although he suggested that it go in the Characters navbox (and it might end up there), I liked it so much that I updated it and stuck it in the class navbox. Since it's mostly a list of skills, it seemed like a good fit. Again, feedback and/or suggestions are welcome.

BattleTag Elly-1983

Re: Skill navbox changes

I was just mapping our the location nav box so thought I'd look at your skill box to get some idea of the workings and oh............my................god.

when I delved into the code I swear I heard a tiny blood vessel deep in my brain pop.

I love the secondary pop down on click boxes for the rune effects. You've really made a very user friendly nav system there and with all those links it had real potential of being a complete mind beep!

I tip my hat to you

Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.

BattleTag MrFrye-2314

Thanks, Elly. Flux wanted to have the rune effects listed in the navbox, and we agreed that this was probably the best way to do it. So I'm glad you like it too. And just ignore the fact that I'm not actually done yet; I should have the other classes done before the end of the weekend.

Speaking of navboxes, I'm making a pass thru all of them, making what I've been calling a "code update"; making the code for each one as consistent as possible, to make it easier for people to do updates or make new ones.

"I heard a tiny blood vessel deep in my brain pop." That must be one of those wacky British euphemisms, 'cause in the States, that would be a bad thing to happen.

I think what you've done is friggin amazing and I'm with Elly on the hemorrhaging. I personally wouldn't have used Blizzard's grouping standard for the skills, because anyone who is reading that portion of the wiki likely is in elective mode. But from a technical writing standpoint, you're going for 100% consistency, which is important. For me, readability for a skill navbox would have to be skills in their order of unlocking, but I see what you did and why you did it, and I can't fault you. However, looking at the rune sub-box, the grouping really makes a lot of sense.

I love the "skill specialties" aspect as well. Great bit of detail.