Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jay said the players will be matched up?

Fortunately I have read the full record of Jay Wilson Taiwan Press Conference.

There is one Q&A :

Q: Will the Taiwanese play together with the Korean? Or in the same channel(something like that)?
    Jay: Mainly, YES. We have 3 realms: EU/NA/ASIA. What I'm certain in NA realm is that players from NA will play together, while players from Canada will play together. I'm not so sure about Asia realm but I will update it in the future. We match up players according to their distance and languages, instead of their nationalities.
    The above Q&A is translated from Chinese. The only source link is an Taiwan website. I can't find any English language source.

Link: http://game.techbang.com/posts/12517...eds-assessment

Take a look at the sentences in bold. Does it mean it won't be so random for players joining the public game? Will players be matched up according to any principles such as distance or languages like Jay said even though they are in the same realm?

This is a key infromation unrevealed, or if I missed anything before.

I have posted this on the NA official forum but get none reply.

BattleTag Saydrake-1197

Re: Jay said the players will be matched up?

After that line, a question is asked as to HOW the distance and language will be determined.

Jay answers something along the lines of, "I'm not exactly sure on the entire specifics. As Battle.net has already stated, it will use distance between IP and your user language to determine the match-ups. User language will have first priority, and then the IP distance in determining such match-ups".

(I translated myself but I'm 95% sure that's what he said).

Thanks for the remind. This is exactly what he said. I missed the following part.

But how do they judge the user language? By the game clients we use? I guess so.

IncGamers Member

Hah. I'm in the US and a native English speaker, but I speak some Indonesian and would LOVE to practice it by playing D3 with Indonesians. Wouldn't it be cool if we could specify what languages we wanted to be matched with?

BattleTag Saydrake-1197

Quote Originally Posted by Srikandi View Post
    Hah. I'm in the US and a native English speaker, but I speak some Indonesian and would LOVE to practice it by playing D3 with Indonesians. Wouldn't it be cool if we could specify what languages we wanted to be matched with?
    Indeed. It adds another layer of social opportunities (a good thing) to BNet 2.0, which currently seems to restrict social interaction without creatable private/public games and chats.

I hope that doesn't apply to European servers, I hate playing with other Poles, they're whiners.

Banned

I surely hope that it applies to Europe as well, because most Poles are whiners :-/

No, but a serious issue in Europe is, that people denies to speak english.

Wow what is with all the Pole bashing? :P

Two people remarking about that one after another >_>.

I'd be very curious to hear someone who knows Korean taking a swing at translating this part of the interview, though. It'd be nice to hear it concrete.

If it's accurate, I'd be quite surprised. It means that living in Australia, I'd probably just get matched with other Australians instead of Americans even though I'll be on the NA server.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Namik-2329

Quote Originally Posted by SirAdis View Post
    I hope that doesn't apply to European servers, I hate playing with other Poles, they're whiners.
    ^This.
    I hope it goes with game language you have installed instead of where your live, since I'm going to play using English version of the game, not Polish.

BattleTag Ask me!

I don't want to play with Swedes, I want to play with UK and other English speaking people wtf is this.