Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Happy (casual)hardcore player. (Lack of)twinking.

Brief background -- Long time D2 player, played almost entirely on hardcore, usually died around level 70 in hell due to getting overly cocky on runs I had already done dozens of times. I will play entirely on HC in D3, but do not have the time that I had back in the day to devote to gaming.

The thing I am the most excited about, so far, from the beta is how levelling new characters is going to work.

The fact that the artisan stays levelled means that when you level up a new char, you will not need to farm with your main in order to twink your alt. The artisan can craft level appropriate gear for you. This, effectively, means that each play through can easily be a "normal" progression without ever dedicating time to farming other than end-game content and during your first play through. This should make the game feel more natural, and be more conducive to people with real-life responsibilities enjoying the game.

Purely from the perspective of someone who WANTS to be able to poop-sock, but can't because of time restrictions, this design choice, among others, has me very excited.

IncGamers Member

Re: Happy (casual)hardcore player. (Lack of)twinking.

Yeah I have to say I had the same feeling after playing the beta, initially I thought, no attributes/skill points sucked, but then I gave more thought, installed d2, and couldn't even start a char in d2, cause I had to quit, and plan the char before starting it, and that's when I realized how the new system can actually be an improvement over the old one, at least for me now that I have less time to spend on gaming. When I had half a day to play I could do this kind if planning, nowadays it's just not possible... I became a more casual gamer and d3 is more casual than d2, perfect.

I don't know how you guys play HC, really. If a character I put time and effort into was gone forever, I'd quit playing. I tip my hat to you good sirs and wish you the best!

BattleTag Jackal-1357

Does anyone know if the SC and HC artisans are linked? Do you level up a separate HC artisan?

If so, and you only have one HC character, does he disappear when your one HC character dies?

IncGamers Member

@FulItilt
    To be honest, when a SC char of mine dies, I lose interest in him, cannot explain why, so I just play HC at once.

@JackalYYC
    They are probably not linked, just as stash is not linked.
    If your only hc char dies, you do not lose anything either (at least that was the info given by a beta tester in another thread here), shared stuff will still be there when you create a new hc char.

IncGamers Member

My mudding days were full open pk with full looting, and I played EVE. Online RP games without real loss just are boring for me *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by FulItilt View Post
    I don't know how you guys play HC, really. If a character I put time and effort into was gone forever, I'd quit playing. I tip my hat to you good sirs and wish you the best!

BattleTag RyTEK-1818

My hat's off to you for playing HC mode.

I drink far too often to to have the reflexes and cognitive functions necessary to survive in HC. Just kidding (mostly!)

BattleTag Eeryck-1961

Quote Originally Posted by JackalYYC View Post
    Does anyone know if the SC and HC artisans are linked? Do you level up a separate HC artisan?

If so, and you only have one HC character, does he disappear when your one HC character dies?
    HC artisans are separate from SC artisans

Artisan levels are linked to your account and not your character. So you always keep them once they are leveled.

BattleTag wolfpaq777-1423

You'll probably also enjoy not spending the first 30 levels of the game constantly oom/chugging mana pots.

IncGamers Member

I don't know why you wouldn't twink. You find good gear for low level, it's still smart to keep it.