Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

well im building my first computer giving me some good advice

CPU: Intel i5 3570k 3.4 turbo boost 3.8 GHZ GPU: nvidia gtx 670ti: MEMORY 8GB G.Skill ripjaws 2133 ghz MOTHERBOARD: gigabyte z77x-ud3h HDD: western digital re4 500g SSD: Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120g COOLING: CM Hyper evo 212 PSU: cosair hx750w MONITOR: asus 22in. 1080p LED CASE: COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II KEYBOARD: logitech k360 MOUSE: Microsoft Wireless Mouse 3500 OS: Windows 7 64bit

IncGamers Member

Re: well im building my first computer giving me some good advice

wear socks and do all your work on a carpet

IncGamers Member

Stay away from the carpet and all polyester. Make sure you ground yourself before you begin. The mb comes in an antistatic plasticbag, use it to put the mb on when you assemble it. Only hold the mb on it's edges or use the heatsinks to hold it.

Do a search on youtube for some guys assembling a computer to get a visual on what they do and in which order. Spend an hour or two watching some videos.

There's one here and more on the list to the left. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYqfU...eature=related This guy installs a closed system watercooler, else I would install heatsink before I mount the mb in the cabinet.

Newegg guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56k...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-uHmL7Y2UU&feature=related

Last edited by Felix; 28-04-2012 at 01:07.

IncGamers Member

Do not forget to install the brass risers.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoxieVon View Post
    Do not forget to install the brass risers.
    A friend of mine actually pulled that off once. Screwed the mainboard straight onto the case.

He managed to get a replacement though :-)

IncGamers Member

I giggled like a school girl when a friend of mine did it.

Quote Originally Posted by demonslayers View Post
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k 3.4 turbo boost 3.8 GHZ GPU: nvidia gtx 670ti: MEMORY 8GB G.Skillripjaws 2133 ghz MOTHERBOARD: gigabyte z77x-ud3h HDD: western digital re4 500g SSD: Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120g COOLING: CM Hyper evo 212 PSU: cosair hx750w MONITOR: asus 22in. 1080p LED CASE: COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II KEYBOARD: logitech k360 MOUSE: Microsoft Wireless Mouse 3500 OS: Windows 7 64bit
    Parts are looking good Steve. I prefer the 212 Plus over the EVO but they are very similar. That case doesn't have front USB3, I'd go for something like the Bitfenix Shinobi (there is a version with a window too) or the Corsair Carbide Series 400R.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    The mb comes in an antistatic plasticbag, use it to put the mb on when you assemble it. Only hold the mb on it's edges or use the heatsinks to hold it.
    Putting the MB on the anti-static bag is "fine" (I would suggest you put it directly on the MB box instead), as long as you don't power the system while it's on it. It's anti-static for a reason, it conducts electricity, so if you do that you'll fry the board and melt the bag... Please don't hold the MB by the heatsink...

and don't forget the thermal paste...

Quote Originally Posted by Njeroe View Post
    and don't forget the thermal paste...
    The thermal paste is included with both the EVO and the 212+. It's not total crap so I woudn't bother spending $15 for MX-4 (well I would but… you don't have to).

IncGamers Member

The Sandy Bridge cpu doesn't really care much for Ram speeds beyond 1600 mhz, so the benefit of such is really neglible. You may want to downgrade the RAM speeds if Ivy Bridge is the same, which I assume it is. And don't forget to go into BIOS and set the RAM speed, Sandy Bridge defaults these to 1333mhz regardless of what speed the manufactor sells them at.