Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

For the fans sake !

I presume this has been argued before on the official diablo 3 forums, and maybe here, but is there any chance we can get back the good old dark-ancientlooking-yellow color that unique items had ?

D3 Demon Hunter Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Re: For the fans sake !

If it is not in the game yet by now - I still don't know whether gems will be colorized - I would definately say "no" to that. Meaning that I wouldn't mind, but there is no chance if Blizzard has decided on the color patterns already.

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.

IncGamers Member

This is one change that I don't get on any level. I suppose it could be that orange drops are seen more easily... But now that all players get their own loot, there's no reason not to keep the traditional, dignified muted gold color. Orange is just... Ugh, it screams tacky and gamey imo. It reminds me that the item I found has no real-world application. Whereas finding a gold unique feels a bit like finding a gold coin irl.

Now the name change from Unique to Legendary I do understand, as Rares were always the true 'uniques' of D2. But it breaks continuity totally to have a different name *and* a different color. One of them should be kept imo, and it should be the color.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowcatcher View Post
    I presume this has been argued before on the official diablo 3 forums, and maybe here, but is there any chance we can get back the good old dark-ancientlooking-yellow color that unique items had ?
    Agreed with OP, these golden items were the best thing to see, since Diablo 1 :(

IncGamers Site Pal

I agree to a certain extent that I would like to see the golden color as well, but to be honest, isn't that just the nostalgia talking? I'm sure that the "yay" feeling by seeing that golden text will quickly be replaced by a "yay" feeling by seeing an orange text. Besides, on my old crappy laptop's color scheme, many a time I went "yay" only to discover that it was only a yellow rare. I could only distinct them well enough if both of them dropped.

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.

IncGamers Member

The best thing blizz could do is let us choose the font color, such an easy feature...

IncGamers Site Pal

Quote Originally Posted by Crono View Post
    The best thing blizz could do is let us choose the font color, such an easy feature...
    True. Then again, if Blizzard had to listen to everything players want to make optional, they'd have to make a 10+ interface options page.

Not that I would object a lot to that...

- Snow

BattleTag Ask me!

I wish legendaries were gold but... hey, maybe in a future patch. But probably not.

IncGamers Member

It's not a big deal but I do find it a strange decision. It's not only nostalgia but it actually looks nice too and I believe the real world association of gold's value did strengthen the happy reaction of an unique dropping more than a little. I've read studies on gold's effect on people as well

BattleTag Toetag-1463

Quote Originally Posted by snowieken View Post
    I agree to a certain extent that I would like to see the golden color as well, but to be honest, isn't that just the nostalgia talking? I'm sure that the "yay" feeling by seeing that golden text will quickly be replaced by a "yay" feeling by seeing an orange text. Besides, on my old crappy laptop's color scheme, many a time I went "yay" only to discover that it was only a yellow rare. I could only distinct them well enough if both of them dropped.
    This happened to me too. The yellow text and gold text on my comp at the time looked very similar. You could only tell the difference if a rare and a unique were next to each other on the ground. Also, I agree that the orange text will take the place of the gold text very easily. When you see that orange drop, you'll get excited just like you did for a gold drop in D2.