Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    BattleTag Flexy-2748

My most important tip for newcomers

When playing the game, READ! Especially the small usage tooltips at the bottom of every itemwindow.
    It's one of those mistakes I've made myself, but now I'm smarter.

Many faqs I see here have to do with things that are constantly in your face. Blizzard really did a good job of adding those little tooltips and mouse-icons to items. We just need to read.

BattleTag Mick-1457

Re: My most important tip for newcomers

Turn on advanced tooltips. It's ironic that advanced tooltips are more useful to newcomers than simplified ones, but there it is.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Yeah, they're trying to make it easier to understand, yet everyone is confused by it and wants more information.

IncGamers Member princessdanielle's Avatar
    BattleTag meepmopv

If i hadn't read this I probably would have clicked out of everything, so thank you for forewarning everyone lol

IncGamers Member Frosty_The_Snowman's Avatar
    BattleTag Fab-2857

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    When playing the game, READ! Especially the small usage tooltips at the bottom of every itemwindow.
    It's one of those mistakes I've made myself, but now I'm smarter.

Many faqs I see here have to do with things that are constantly in your face. Blizzard really did a good job of adding those little tooltips and mouse-icons to items. We just need to read.
    Thank you for this obvious, yet useful advice. I've been very pleased to note, when playing Titan Quest, that a lot of useful informations about the gameplay were regularly displayed as a tutorial on a side of the screen. I'm glad Blizzard did the same, under a form or another, in D3.

IncGamers Member

Blizzard also did a pretty good job of HIDING some absolutely essential information Like those advanced tooltips mentioned above; you'd have no idea that your spell damage scales with weapon DPS if you didn't turn those on.

The other essential hidden gem is elective mode. TURN IT ON in options. It lets you assign any available skill to any available button/hotkey, which you CANNOT DO without elective mode.