wep: eth death
    belt: tgods
    rings: p bk and raven frost
    boots: gore riders
    ammy: highlords

plz help, no matter what i do i keep dieing in hell in a4 and a5

IncGamers Member

Re: heeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeee

Your gear looks good. How about stat and skill distribution? Are you using holy shield and achieving max block?

Also, what is your characters dying to? Gloams, or physical damage?

IncGamers Member

My stats are
    110 str
    idont not dex but i got max block rate wif holy
    220 vit
    5 energy
    something alone the lines

well heres wat i maxed
    holy shield
    zeal
    sacrifice
    fanta
    and defiance

and everythin kils me pretty much except 4 stormers or wateva their called(the floaty black thingys in a4)
    and my resis are
    34 fire
    46 cold
    75 poisen
    39 lite

Quote Originally Posted by chingchongma View Post
    My stats are
    110 str
    idont not dex but i got max block rate wif holy
    220 vit
    5 energy
    something alone the lines
    Are you sure you have max block? It's unlikely with no points statted to dex, even if you have holy shield.
    To check your block rate, open character screen and hover your mouse over defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by chingchongma View Post
    and everythin kils me pretty much except 4 stormers or wateva their called(the floaty black thingys in a4)
    and my resis are
    34 fire
    46 cold
    75 poisen
    39 lite
    Work on your resistance, specially fire and lightning. Gloams make quick work of everyone who have below 75 lightning resist.

Ofcourse, ideal would be to have 75 all resist(85 lightning since you are wearing tg).

IncGamers Member

You might try switching out thundergods for string of ears. DR% and life leech are pretty good for survival. Keep in mind to get some lightning resist small charms to get your lightning resist to 75. Lightning is pretty much the only resist that matters.

Also might want to try switching out guillaume's face for vampire gaze. Same deal, DR% and life leech.

What merc are you using? Since you're a physical damage dealer, I suggest an nightmare a2 offensive merc with reaper's toll.

Also, what level is you paladin? You stats distribution makes me think you're level 68~69 or whereabouts. If that's the case, try going back a few acts and gaining some levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyourics View Post
    You might try switching out thundergods for string of ears. DR% and life leech are pretty good for survival. Keep in mind to get some lightning resist small charms to get your lightning resist to 75. Lightning is pretty much the only resist that matters.

Also might want to try switching out guillaume's face for vampire gaze. Same deal, DR% and life leech.
    Life leech is hardly needed when hes wearing exile. Lifetap is way more effective source of lifeleech.

IncGamers Member

Facepalm. Dammit, I need to make exile one of these days.

However, as evidenced from his posts, it's not the gloams he has a problem with, so dr% is still golden. Although max block will be way more efficient.

IncGamers Member

Looks like a very cookie cutter Zealot build, and he seems to be saying that he doesn't know what his dex is but it's high enough to have max block with HS. I don't see where he says Gloams don't kill him though, since he says everything kills him except finger mages.

Max resists for sure, though T-God's helps a lot against Gloams. Pit Lord Infernos can do a lot of damage when stacked up.

Beyond that it's just common sense play. Try walking instead of running when you're surrounded by large packs, try not to run around carelessly and wake up every monster in sight, keep Holy Shield up at all times, make sure you have at least 1 row (if not 2 or 3) rows of full rejuvs in your belt with a convenient hotkey for emergencies.

Losing well equipped Zealots is pretty hard when they have a consistent source of LT and you play smart, so I figure it's operator error mostly.

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Volren View Post
    so I figure it's operator error mostly.
    sounds that way to me.

IncGamers Member

thanks guys 4 the advice
    but to be mre precise and usin proper english lol

i DO have dex but i dont no how mch i got in it
    and my merc is a nm a2 defensive
    and wat kills me the most r pit lords , oblivious knights and minions of destruction
    and i got a few questions
    wouldnt it be better to keep tgods since of the lightning resis? imean yeah the life leach is good but wouldnt i want to stack up on resis and def since i keep dieing?
    and last question is my zealer is mostly based on crushing blow (cause i got ****ty dmg) and takin of my guil would reduce it so is it worth it switchin for a vamp gaze
    (btw i am quite new and im noob so if some of the question dont make sense ignore them lol)