Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Toetag-1463

Gamestop sales

I was at gamestop yesterday pre-ordering my players guide and I asked when they would be opening their doors on the 14th, how many people they were expecting, etc. They told me that they only have 61 preordered D3's, with 18 of them being CE's (1 is mine!!! I preordered it over a year ago). They said that the store stopped taking preorders for the CE the minute they announced a release date. Why would they do this? I also asked why the numbers were so low as I was expecting to be standing in line with hundreds of other people and they said that it was probably digital downloaded copies and the 1 year sub for WoW that were to blame. Has anyone else heard about this? I can't believe how few have been pre-ordered. I was planning on going to the store around 9pm to get my spot in line, but now it doesn't look like i'll need to go early at all.

Re: Gamestop sales

Probably because pre-ordering a highly available game is just ridiculous.

I preordered my copy via Amazon, I got the regular copy, of course. I chose not to preorder via gamestop simply because I plan to take the 16th off, not the 15th. And I went against the Digital Copy because I wanted my very own physical copy.

BattleTag Mick-1457

Unless you are getting the collector's edition, there is little rational reason to get a box version.

BattleTag Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Raesene View Post
    Unless you are getting the collector's edition, there is little rational reason to get a box version.
    Yeah well there are a lot of people (like me) who like getting a physical product when you pay for something. So it feels like you're actually getting something when you purchase it.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toetag View Post
    I was at gamestop yesterday pre-ordering my players guide and I asked when they would be opening their doors on the 14th, how many people they were expecting, etc. They told me that they only have 61 preordered D3's, with 18 of them being CE's (1 is mine!!! I preordered it over a year ago).
    I preordered my CE so long ago too! The receipt has actually faded away, and I'm going to have to double check that the store can still look up my order lol. I haven't asked yet about preorders, but I'm sure the digital sales are going to be a big factor.

BattleTag Mick-1457

Quote Originally Posted by Urzuxo View Post
    Yeah well there are a lot of people (like me) who like getting a physical product when you pay for something. So it feels like you're actually getting something when you purchase it.
    I'm aware of that, which is why I used the "rational" qualifier. There are plenty of emotional reasons to still get a box.

If we didn't drive to stores and buy physical boxes to carry our digital products home in, how are we going to get that satisfaction from knowing that your purchase did its part to ruin the environment?

Quote Originally Posted by Raesene View Post
    I'm aware of that, which is why I used the "rational" qualifier. There are plenty of emotional reasons to still get a box.
    Wanting a box is a perfectly rational thought. I fear you may need a dictionary

IncGamers Member

I was able to pre-order Diablo3 from a different retailer for 49.99.
    I'd have to guess that the digital downloads and alternate retailers with lower pricing has had an effect on Gamestop's numbers.

Also, I too like a physical copy so I have accessibility when it's convenient for me.
    That's probably a moot point since I can't play the game when I decide & at my personal leisure.
    That choice is now up to Blizzard, their servers and my ISP. It's a game we all will never truly own.