Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Raising an army in Hell mode as Fishymancer (non-expansion)

one more question though: which patch version are your discs? 1.00, 1.06, 1.12?

there have been significant changes in the patches, so things might be different

Id get a wand with attract and use that if you dont want to waste skill points. Act 4 hell will be tough for your skeletons :/

In Classic I would use Bone Spirit rather than spear. Spirit does much more damage, and thats important when raising an army or killing Diablo. Also I know what everyone is saying about the radius of CE. But if your amp has a low radius CE is less effective. I would personally balance it out so I had maybe 10 points in CE and then use 20 in spirit and 15 in Bone Wall/Prison and of course 20 in RS and SM. Oh and unless you have a rare necro wand with + 3 BS, I would use umes. It saves you points to Decrepify.

Btw Ive tried the above and could make Players 3 CS runs. I had ok gear: Wormskull, 1 SoJ, Frostburns, 3-soc all res shield, + 1 Necro skiller amu, and som rares.

IncGamers Member

You could use the Waypoint in Lut Gholein to travel to the Rogue Encampment, kill some Fallen, and use them. It's annoying but it'll take a lot less than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Korlic View Post
    Oh and unless you have a rare necro wand with + 3 BS, I would use umes. It saves you points to Decrepify.
    i guess you mean bone spirit, but tier 6 staffmods (aka lvl 30 skill staff mods) donīt exist in classic

Quote Originally Posted by azzthom View Post
    You could use the Waypoint in Lut Gholein to travel to the Rogue Encampment, kill some Fallen, and use them. It's annoying but it'll take a lot less than an hour.
    summons wonīt travel from one act to the other in classic. you have to raise them in the act in which you would like to play

Krupa must be the only one who has played classic, lol.

I made a classic ladder run with a necro maybe about 5 or 6 years ago. I max's skele warriors, skele mastery, CE, 1 to attract, 1 to decrep, and a handful in amp damage. After that I think I started boosting either fire golem or golem mastery. I was able to get to about lvl 90, and break the top 10 on the ladder necros, but it was really slow to get armies started up solo. I quit when I found out people were using an act5 in classic hack.

I would go to the river of flame waypoint, and hope for little cockroaches to spawn, or the little flesh beasts. Cast attract on those small guys, and cast confuse on the rest of the monsters. Eventually the big monsters will kill the little ones and provide some corpses. Those corpse devouring demons get really annoying when doing this. Act 1-3 aren't quite as bad because you can hire a merc, even though they don't do a whole lot of damage. Use the same strategy of attract curse on a small monster. Faster run/walk boots really helps while you are trying to survive getting your army built. Some people like to max dim vision curse too. Iron maiden, or Thorns Golem +amp can work nice in combination of attract curse as well.

Damric: I played Classic as well. Just asumed you would be able to gain + skills to all tiers. No wonder I never saw a lvl 30 skill

It is because of the slow raising of armies I recommend Bone Spirit. It really helps a lot. Ones you have raised 3 or 4 skellies your army starts kicking but

IncGamers Member

Re: Raising an army in Hell mode as Fishymancer (non-expansion) der=0>

I havent played classic since expansion was out, but why wouldnt you use some confuse/attract tricks to let the mobs do the first kill? Kinda worked at some point.

:facepalm: looked at topic date, sorry (=