Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: New ladder new pvp

Quote Originally Posted by theredpredator View Post
    We want guide! We want guide! We want guide!
    No time to make a full guide now, ill just give you a quick run through.

Skills:

Shapeshifting: 1 pt werebear, 1 pt maul, 1 pt shockwave.
    Summoning: 1 pt raven, 1 pt spirit wolf, 1 pt dire wolf, 1 pt grizzly, remaining points to oak sage.
    Elemental: 1 pt arctic blast, 20 pts cyclone armor, 20 pts twister, 20 points tornade, 20 pts hurricane. Optional 1 pt volcano and prereqs.

You can choose to get hard pt to volcano, if you do it, you won't be able to max oak sage. I chose to put a hard point in volcano as I use circlets as my main helm, so no volcano from pelt. At level 99 you will have level 19 oak sage.

You can also choose to max oak sage over twister. The trade off is couple hundred nado dmg, depending of your level.

Gear:

I will list what I use, I'm sure you can by that, figure out what to look for in items.

Helms: I use three helms, two circlets and a pelt.

Circlet number one: 2 druid / 20 fcr / 30 frw / 37 base life/ 2 soc, socketed with "ber ber". This is the main circlet on my build, combined with bb and enigma, you will be able to reach 44% dr, while maintaining 163 fcr and 99 fhr. 5 more than what is possible with coa build.

Circlet number two: 2 druid / 20 fcr / 30 frw / 15 base life / 85 mana / 2 soc, socketed with "shael cham". This is used in anti trapper setup, along with thunder gods and aldur's boots. You will reach 163 fcr, 99 fhr, 115 frw with no frw from charms, cbf, all this while wearing tg.

Pelt: 2 druid / +3 nado / 10 base fhr / 3x base life, socketed with shael rune. This is used when you want maxium damage, mainly versus hammerdins.

As you see, I prefer high frw build. Druids have somewhat poor fhr frames, wsg and running is what will save your life many times.

Amulet: 2 druid / 20 fcr / 20 str / 60 life. 2 druid / 18+ fcr is must, strenght, life and resists are awesome adds.

Weapon: Suicide branch, socketed with 20 life / 15 all resist jewel. This is the only weapon I ever use really. You can keep wizzy in stash if you think you will need the extra resists for some situations.

Armor: Enigma archon plate, needs no explanations really. Get enigma in base armor heavy enough to str bug. Str bugging it is a must.

Shield: Spirit monarch, self explanatory, no other options.

Gloves
    : Trang ouls, you need the fcr. Magefists work too, the +1 fire hardly makes a difference, but doesn't hurt either.

Belt
    : Bugbelt/verdungo, arach and thunder gods. Bugbelt is your main belt, arach is needed when you use pelt. Thunder gods vs. trappers.

Boots: Shadow dancers, Aldurs, hot spurs. Shadow dancers with the ber ber circlet, aldurs/hots with the shael cham circlet or pelt.

Rings: 2x fcr rings. str, life, resists, mana are all good adds.

Inventory
    : 8x ele sks with as high life as you can afford, 2 fhr sks, one fhr sc, 10x life/res scs, torch, anni. Use one fhr sk when you are wearing dancers/circ and pelt. Two when you are wearing the shael/cham circlet and aldurs.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Here's Pidgeot in his main setup:
    Screenshot366.jpg

Last edited by ambid; 29-04-2012 at 17:48.

IncGamers Member

Why do you use spirit shield over storm? Max block not needed?

Quote Originally Posted by theredpredator View Post
    Why do you use spirit shield over storm? Max block not needed?
    You won't be able to reach 163 fcr with storm and in my opinion 99 fcr is way too slow for druids. You can get a storm max block setup, but I wouldn't use it as a main setup.

Last edited by ambid; 01-05-2012 at 12:44.