Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: New ladder new pvp

A hybrid is probably better for public games, but with east's rules a trapper is close to if not the #1 gm pvp build. They can go c/c vs casters or smiters or use BoS hoto and stormshield for high DR and relatively easy max block vs bowas and barbs and such. They're excellent in team vs team. They also offer a high skill cap; you won't master one easily and you can keep getting better and better with them. That said, a hybrid isn't going to be much (if any) better at killing bm sorbing dins because ghosts, trappers, and hybrids all apply damage at a relatively slow pace vs a sorbing max block character. Traps take time to kill, venom+ow+small physical damage take time to kill. The din towns, wells, pots, whatever.

Bowa: You're also playing on ladder and I have never met a good (pure) bowa on ladder... not that I play on EU, but I imagine the ladder environment there is probably similar in how it marginalizes some particular builds. Plus public games aren't their strong suit.

What Karth said about trappers is true. They are one of the best, if not the best gm pvp build.

Quote Originally Posted by theredpredator View Post
    Ambid, what chars did you find the most fun to play and what chars the most effective?
    I have to say wind druid on both.

I'm not talking about the normal wind druid build, it's abit boring and not as flexible as my build. I've been experimenting with this new twist to wind druids for quite awhile now and I got to say it's fantastic.

I dare to say, that in couple months(if d2 continues to live after d3) all the good wind druids are gonna be like the one I have.

Let me know if you want to hear more.

IncGamers Member

Yes please (does it include Jalals mane?)

IncGamers Member

I respeced my max blizzard sorc for a ES Orb sorc.

Death fanthom with facet
    2 sorc 20 fcr 2 sock (mana) Double Shael
    2/20 amulet
    Viper magi Shael
    Dual Soj
    Arach
    Frosties
    Some caster boots.
    3sock shield with block mod, Sur/Shael/Shael to get 9 frames fbr or even 8 frames with 3 shaels -.-

I had a blast with it. The gear I used was different tough then above, so had to improvise. But listed gear looks optimal i think.

110 fcr. 60 fhr on gear, 26 from charms

IncGamers Member

3sock shield with block mod, Sur/Shael/Shael to get 9 frames fbr or even 8 frames with 3 shaels -.-
    O.o Sorcs don't have particularly slow block rates. A ___ "of deflection" would give you 6 frame blocking. 3 shaels in it would give you 4 frame blocking. One would give you 5 frame blocking.

IncGamers Member

I looked at the wrong table, you are right.

IncGamers Member

From my perspective: wind druid or bone necro - but I never played them that much.

Smiter kills everything apart from wind druid / hammerdin (you can kill hammerdins, you cant kill druids)
    FOHer is actually very decent in pub duels too if you get enough stack from 5@ charms.

IncGamers Member

I wont play full FOH because I am a principal man. I dont like charging away from my targets with an auto aim attack.

Yes please (does it include Jalals mane?)
    Nope, no jalals mane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX2hN...ature=youtu.be

Picture (video in this case) tells more than thousand words. It's basicly a normal wind druid, but with 1 pt in bear and shockwave, allowing you to apply whirlys vs. chars like es sorcs, necromancers and other druids. It also adds more depth to druid game play, compared to the normal "tele-nado-tele" wind druid style.

Whirly is extremely effective tool for druids, leaving opponent with almost no chances to escape, specially when paired with volcano.

If you want more info about the druid, item choices etc. let me know and ill post the full stats.

IncGamers Member

PIDGEOT!!!!!!!

-.-

We want guide! We want guide! We want guide!