Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ultimate Champion/Rare/Boss monster pack farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Volpula View Post
    I still wonder with WotB- Insanity rune what will be the damage of Earthquake? %4000?
    Yes I guess so, kick *** damage!

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Just posting my PvP/Boss build so I can save it when I come home http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...diP!bVd!cZbbaY

Quote Originally Posted by Mn_Swe2 View Post
    Cool Build! Which type of weapon would suit this build the most?

Yeah... it really is some kick *** damage. Strongest DoT in the game I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Youngtimer View Post
    Cool Build! Which type of weapon would suit this build the most?
    2-handed Mighty weapon for maximum damage and some Fury gain combined with Weapons Master.

If you do not need the Fury gain from Weapons Master I will go for a sword for even higher damage boost.

Your aim is to slaughter the pack, and since you will be 5 characters in your team (counting 3 Ancients + follower) you want to go for max raw damage to set up a killer Earthquake. And also rend works perfect with big 2-handers.

You should not be tanking with this build, just dominating.

I agree! Even if there might be a more efficent build, this will visually just rock!
    Approching a pack, going super-sayan, call your ancestors that cleave, whirwind an weapon-throw above that earthquake will be a hell of a scene. Can´t wait to see!!

The only thing i´m a bit uncertain is "Frenzy". Mainly becouse i found Cleave so much more useful in most "stardart situations".

Quote Originally Posted by Youngtimer View Post
    I agree! Even if there might be a more efficent build, this will visually just rock!
    Approching a pack, going super-sayan, call your ancestors that cleave, whirwind an weapon-throw above that earthquake will be a hell of a scene. Can´t wait to see!!

The only thing i´m a bit uncertain is "Frenzy". Mainly becouse i found Cleave so much more useful in most "stardart situations".
    Haha, yeah extra stylus points for visuals I agree

Cleave and Frenzy is a matter of choice, I think both will turn out great. They both have their pros and cons in this build.

Maybe Cleave could be better though for the extra Fury gain, so I can skip using a Mighty Weapon just because I need the Fury gain from Weapons Master. With Cleave I could go Sword instead, for even more damage.

The Fury gain is only really needed to fule the Rend used every 3 secs while in combat. Apart from that we use a full Fury bulb (or close to it) when we engage in the fight, but during the fight the need for Fury generation is limited to feed Rend.

Cleave and Frenzy is a matter of choice, I think both will turn out great. They both have their pros and cons in this build.
    I bet it will be a lot of fun to figure out which will work the best.

What really makes the Build shine, is the way the passive "Unforgving" is involved.
    You no longer degenerate Fury. Instead, you gain 1 Fury every 2 seconds.
    May sound weak and rather useless at first sight, but in real gameplay this will strongly change your play. Since after every fight you might loot some gold, break some barrels standing around or comparing the new loot. All the time your fury grows, due to "Unforgiving". Meaning that you approach the next challenge fully reloaded. Smash out all you can, right from the start, where other Barbarians start with zero fury.

IncGamers Member

Don't want to be a negative nancy, but this may work for normal difficulty (in which case you won't have access to all those abilities).
    However, in higher difficulties..if it is anything like i expect it to be, and going from experience...i expect mob density to be that of d2 chaos sanctuary or better.

So, without a way to bypass or travel around mobs or over obstacles your burst aoe damage with cooldowns will be quite useless against all the monsters you must fight to find the rares.

IDK, just seems to me you are assuming a lot. You assume rare packs will be able to be found in around a min from eacother, you assume you can bypass most monsters along the way. We have no idea how common those rare monsters are, and we have no way of knowing mob density..its all a guessing game.

I would suggest having a backup plan just in case rare monsters are more...rare...and mob density is high. Blizzard has stated that in higher level difficulties monsters become VERY aggressive..meaning they aren't about to sit around and let you run by them.

This build is extremely interesting. Has anyone seen any other builds that are as well thought-out or planned? I have not, and this looks to be the cream of the crop atm.