Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Ultimate Champion/Rare/Boss monster pack farmer

I got this idéa after reading an article about loot details.

The idéa with this build is to maximize farming of magic/rare/set/legend items + gold.

In order to do that I only plan to fight Champion/Rare/Boss monster packs.

Ultimately you should beat the packs you encounter in around 15-20 secs (before your 3 barb helpers vanish).

And then you have around 70 secs to find next suitable pack before your main damage dealers get active again (90 sec cooldown).

For this build you need to find the optimal areas to farm, so you can kill the packs at sufficient speed, with minimal risk for death. For example when gearing up for Inferno, you can run around in Hell Act4 with this build.

Link to build.

For details about Playstyle and Follower, continue here...
    http://www.diablo-guilds.com/forum/t...ss-pack-farmer

Any thoughts how it can be improved?
    I do not have Sprint or Leap, maybe I should? But what should I remove then??

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Re: Ultimate Champion/Rare/Boss monster pack farmer

Really nice build.
    Aside from the weapon throw builds I've seen (which I dislike), there seem to be many very useful builds for the barb.

I'll also post the build I've come up with: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VQP!ZUg!acZcYb
    I doesn't really specialize in something (other than kicking ***), but I think it's about 4/5ths of a pure glass cannon build with some counter measures to escape a sudden death.

My plan on how to play this build:
    1)Open the fight by rushing in with Furious Charge (Merciless Assault). In a big group, you can basically spam this and make it look like seven-sided strike as long as you always hit enough enemies to nullify the cooldown.
    2)Then it's time to bust out the Cleavage (Rupture) and make some heads explode
    3)That leads us to a fluid switch to Whirlwind (Volcanic Eruption) and the fight might be over after this
    4)If it isn't, here come the life savers: Revenge (Provocation) has a chance to trigger with each 3rd hit I take, Killing mobs and healing me plentiful.
    5)If things really start to get hairy, I bust out Overpower (Momentum) and probably get enough fury to go straight into Whirlwind or Wrath of the Berserker (Slaughter) which WILL finish the fight.

To make it even worse for my enemies,I'll use the following passives:
    Ruthless
    Relentless
    Brawler

Ruthless is nice for overall damage output. Brawler makes me stronger against groups and Relentless.....well I think that + the rest of my build makes me really hard to kill. I'll just spam my skills or enjoy my free WotB.

Thanks for feedback. I looked at your build and am now thinking about how I could use furios charge maybe?

This is really a build that could easily used more skill slots, and I have a really hard time taking away one skill in favour of Furios Charge/Leap/Sprint?

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Quote Originally Posted by Mn_Swe2 View Post
    Thanks for feedback. I looked at your build and am now thinking about how I could use furios charge maybe?

This is really a build that could easily used more skill slots, and I have a really hard time taking away one skill in favour of Furios Charge/Leap/Sprint?
    Heh. I feel the same about both our builds. You really have to make compromises and weigh pro/contra.
    But that's what they wanted. There's a panel where Jay talks about giving players a different amount of active skills and they found that 6 makes playtesters think the most. 5 were too few, 7 were too much.

For example: I'd REALLY like to use one of the shouts in my build, but it's just not possible without sacrificing something important.

BattleTag Hakmon-1219

You need 150 fury to pull off that combo. That's a lot, and will require some cleaving in-between your big spenders. Here's what I would change:

- Change Earthquake rune to The Mountain's Call (0 fury cost, less CD)
    - Consider swapping Unforgiving passive for Animosity
    - Swap rend for leap or war cry, since I doubt you will have enough fury for rend usually.
    OR
    - Use Leap's Call of Arreat rune to pull enemies in instead of Ground stomp (it has less range, though). You could then swap Rend for war cry with Charge rune (increases your fury by 60).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bXkjTP!YWS!ZYZZbZ

Quote Originally Posted by Snerra View Post
    You need 150 fury to pull off that combo. That's a lot, and will require some cleaving in-between your big spenders. Here's what I would change
    How much Fury will a barb at lvl 60 typically have at full bulb? A rough number would be appreciated, is it like 200 or 400 or what? I assume alot of the items can effect this number?

I have no idéa about this. Guess I need to look into it if no one can point me somewhere?

BattleTag Hakmon-1219

Quote Originally Posted by Mn_Swe2 View Post
    How much Fury will a barb at lvl 60 typically have at full bulb? A rough number would be appreciated, is it like 200 or 400 or what? I assume alot of the items can effect this number?

I have no idéa about this. Guess I need to look into it if no one can point me somewhere?
    100. Fury doesn't scale with levels or gear. You can get items with +skills that reduces the fury cost of certain skills, however. And one passive which increases your fury by 20.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Quote Originally Posted by Snerra View Post
    100. Fury doesn't scale with levels or gear. You can get items with +skills that reduces the fury cost of certain skills, however. And one passive which increases your fury by 20.
    I've found an item in the beta that gave my DH +2 Hatred. There might be such items for the Barb?

BattleTag Hakmon-1219

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    I've found an item in the beta that gave my DH +2 Hatred. There might be such items for the Barb?
    Oops. You're right, my mistake. According to DiabloNut, Mighty Belts and Mighty Weapons can have a +fury affix (max 13-15 fury).

how do you plan on killing only elites (champions/rares/bosses) without having any skills that enable you to skip monsterpacks?

my build idea focuses on obtaining nephalem valor as fast as possible, for that specific barbarian i use all 3 movement powers (leap/charge/sprint).