Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lore drops in D3

You guys like the lore drops? I think it's pretty cool finding the different lore books and letters and then the game voices it dramatically. I missed the one by the bs until I was 13 :/.

BattleTag Brokenstorm-1880

Re: Lore drops in D3

Yes, they are great. They remind me of the D1 lore books, with the advantage that you don't have to stand till for 2 min while the audio plays.

Definitely one of the cooler things they've added in. So much lore being added to D1 with what we've seen so far, I wonder what else awaits in the later acts. Tyrael's diary?

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Neinball View Post
    Definitely one of the cooler things they've added in. So much lore being added to D1 with what we've seen so far, I wonder what else awaits in the later acts. Tyrael's diary?
    Not tyrael, but close.

You missed stuff that's always there,but there are also 5 random books ( maybe more, I only found these five ) in the beta, Warrivs Journal, Gillian Journal, some random chick Journal in Tristram ( or is Gillian's Journal in Tristram and the chicks Journal drops where you kill bonus Wretched Mothers? Don't remember, only got it once in 100~ playthroughs ), Hanging Tree ( I think thats the name ) book and a book found on a random dead adventurer in the Weeping Hallows, imagine how much of this stuff is in the full game! And yea, I love these Lore Books, and I'm gonna love the Achievement to get them all even more

There is more than 10 random books. In the old road/old tristram alone there are 10 random books inside old keepsake boxes.
    Add to that the journals of Cain, Leah, Lachdanan, Leoric and the others you mentioned.

I think we are gonna have to do some datamining before we find them all.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

I felt like a kid on easter when I found Mira's letter to Haedrig. Everyone in the game was stunned that it was hidden in plain sight all the time.

Can we re-listen to the lore books we've found? Didn't find that option during the open beta weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    Can we re-listen to the lore books we've found? Didn't find that option during the open beta weekend.
    It's under the quest menu in the journal tab (or just use the shortcut 'L'). All the books are there listed under a bunch of categories.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenstorm View Post
    It's under the quest menu in the journal tab (or just use the shortcut 'L'). All the books are there listed under a bunch of categories.
    Sweet!
    I already know I'll be collecting every single one of them.

Ya I never found the other npc books you guys are talking about. Then again, I only had the beta for 3 days :'(.