Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    IncGamers Member In the name of Zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,701

    My top 5 likes (beta)

    The Alpha: Elective Mode - it is a big deal for me so it goes to number 1. Its got something to do with giving people what they've been asking for for a very very very long time. I loooove control customization.
    The Bravo: Skill system - playing the 'early' game will actually be fun for once. Don't know about the late game so again, nuff said.
    The Charlie: Vi-o-lenssssssssss hehehehehehe
    The Delta: Multiplayer made the game fun again. I shall expand. One of the things that makes co op games fun is what other people bring to the party. This game will be more than just 'who does more damage', there's actually some player skill involved. So multiplayer is boosted.
    The Echo: Epicness, there is more epicness involved. This is part of both the skills system and flashy graphics. But at least its there at last. It was one of the things I thought were lacking in D2 and I'm glad to see more of it in D3. It progressive and I could comment more on it but I'm just happy that the flare is now in the players control too.

    They're my top 5 positives.



  2. #2
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92

    Re: My top 5 likes (beta)

    Quote Originally Posted by In the name of Zod View Post
    The Alpha: Elective Mode - it is a big deal for me so it goes to number 1. Its got something to do with giving people what they've been asking for for a very very very long time. I loooove control customization.
    The Bravo: Skill system - playing the 'early' game will actually be fun for once. Don't know about the late game so again, nuff said.
    The Charlie: Vi-o-lenssssssssss hehehehehehe
    The Delta: Multiplayer made the game fun again. I shall expand. One of the things that makes co op games fun is what other people bring to the party. This game will be more than just 'who does more damage', there's actually some player skill involved. So multiplayer is boosted.
    The Echo: Epicness, there is more epicness involved. This is part of both the skills system and flashy graphics. But at least its there at last. It was one of the things I thought were lacking in D2 and I'm glad to see more of it in D3. It progressive and I could comment more on it but I'm just happy that the flare is now in the players control too.

    They're my top 5 positives.
    Some of your positives are actually negatives in other people's eyes.

    Elective Mode: It is still a pain in the rear to change a skill. You have to click on so many things before you land on the skill you want. I don't understand why they don't bring the drag & drop method back. It is much more intuitive.

    Skill System: Some (I included) skeptics think that the characters at lvl 60 will have the exact same skills, thus lack differentiation amongst the players. In D2, even with the cookie cutter builds out there, you will rarely find two characters with the exact allocation of skills and attribute points down to the last digit. For the longevity of the game, the endgame needs to be just as fun as the beginning parts.



  3. #3
    IncGamers Member Wildmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    129

    Re: My top 5 likes (beta)

    Quote Originally Posted by Penncrow View Post
    Some of your positives are actually negatives in other people's eyes.

    Elective Mode: It is still a pain in the rear to change a skill. You have to click on so many things before you land on the skill you want. I don't understand why they don't bring the drag & drop method back. It is much more intuitive.

    Skill System: Some (I included) skeptics think that the characters at lvl 60 will have the exact same skills, thus lack differentiation amongst the players. In D2, even with the cookie cutter builds out there, you will rarely find two characters with the exact allocation of skills and attribute points down to the last digit. For the longevity of the game, the endgame needs to be just as fun as the beginning parts.
    I can't how people will have the exact the same skills,runes,passived in Diablo 3 is possible.



  4. #4
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    175

    Re: My top 5 likes (beta)

    What do violins have to do with anything?



  5. #5
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92

    Re: My top 5 likes (beta)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I can't how people will have the exact the same skills,runes,passived in Diablo 3 is possible.
    I don't know what you are talking about. If you and I both play a wizard to level 60, we will have the exact same skills, runes and attribute point allocations. Sure we can only equip 4-5 skills at once, we will most likely end up using the 4-5 best skills in the game.

    I am leaving items out on purpose because they do make a difference, but getting items are based on luck. It would suck if char differentiation is based on you have the good fortune of finding a good wand and I don't.



  6. #6
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,563

    Re: My top 5 likes (beta)

    Quote Originally Posted by Penncrow View Post
    Sure we can only equip 4-5 skills at once, we will most likely end up using the 4-5 best skills in the game.
    No matter what the system is, most savy players will use "the 4-5 best skills in the game".



  7. #7
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    389

    Re: My top 5 likes (beta)

    Just ready any WoW class strat on elitest jerks web site and you'll see how awful the "haves" are when it comes to games. It's all, these are the "have" builds and these are the skills you use. I don't think this game will be like WoW, but I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this game, before the "haves" tear it up.




  8. #8

    Re: My top 5 likes (beta)

    Quote Originally Posted by Penncrow View Post
    Skill System: Some (I included) skeptics think that the characters at lvl 60 will have the exact same skills, thus lack differentiation amongst the players. In D2, even with the cookie cutter builds out there, you will rarely find two characters with the exact allocation of skills and attribute points down to the last digit. For the longevity of the game, the endgame needs to be just as fun as the beginning parts.
    And the differences between those variations was so insignificant you would never have known the difference, what made characters of the same build different in D2 was the items they used. The same will be true for cookie-cutters in D3.


    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Albert Einstein

  9. #9
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    56

    Re: My top 5 likes (beta)

    this list is so bland
    i mean... its like writing
    1.graphics
    2.music
    3.<insert certain class>
    4. items
    5. animations
    rly, its just totaly ****ing dull, dunno how you cant see that



  10. #10
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    71

    Re: My top 5 likes (beta)

    Good list I would prob list the same things




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •