Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can't Find runes? You're giving them all for free?

Played the beta for a few minutes. As I level up, I get a new rune, already in the skill "tree".

Does that mean I can't find runes as loot and put them in a skill slot or anything?
    That seem soo boring. This game is getting more and more ****ty every day, ****ing shame.

BattleTag pcguy89-1721

Re: You can't Find runes? You're giving them all for free?

Don't worry, you will most likely be able to find equipment to enhance the rune effects. It is essentially the same thing, but it saves space in the stash because you won't be carrying around all those runes.

Also, levels 30-60 are now a lot more interesting. So the argument about the game being boring isn't justified.

Banned

It isn't the same thing since it will be incorporated into the equipment. You can't just throw all customization onto one big pile and go "doesn't make a difference lol". Imagine if you weren't given skills anymore, you instead had to find them on equipment. Still the same? Ofcourse not.
    I can also already forsee some practical problems with equipment having skill enhancing bonusses. Just the sheer number of different skills in this game will mean that you'll have virtually NO CHANCE at finding decent gear that also comes with a skillbonus that's relevant to your build. And what does that mean? You guessed it, having to sell and buy via the RMAH which translates into more $$$ for Mr. Bobby.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
    I can also already forsee some practical problems with equipment having skill enhancing bonusses. Just the sheer number of different skills in this game will mean that you'll have virtually NO CHANCE at finding decent gear that also comes with a skillbonus that's relevant to your build.
    Hm? I would guess that skill bonuses won't be per skill; they will apply to a category of skills.

BattleTag Carisma-1132

Quote Originally Posted by Srikandi View Post
    Hm? I would guess that skill bonuses won't be per skill; they will apply to a category of skills.
    or why we have the auction house. I think how they are implementing the runes is the correct way to do it, I just wish they were called something besides runes, because I already associate that word to something completely different.

On one hand, I'm disappointed at the fact that I may not get to use a particular Rune effect until Hell. But on the other hand, I'm happy at the fact that leveling up all the way to 60 is more interesting. Personally, I feel that the added reward for leveling up outweighs the downside to this system.

I think 14 levels of gems is plenty to find/work for -_-. I really like the new system. It let's me check out skills I normally wouldn't even look at and it sure beats the find a rune, socket into skill, find out that skill sucks, lose rune and skill, wait until you get lucky and find another rune, so on so forth...

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
    It isn't the same thing since it will be incorporated into the equipment. You can't just throw all customization onto one big pile and go "doesn't make a difference lol". Imagine if you weren't given skills anymore, you instead had to find them on equipment. Still the same? Ofcourse not.
    I can also already forsee some practical problems with equipment having skill enhancing bonusses. Just the sheer number of different skills in this game will mean that you'll have virtually NO CHANCE at finding decent gear that also comes with a skillbonus that's relevant to your build. And what does that mean? You guessed it, having to sell and buy via the RMAH which translates into more $$$ for Mr. Bobby.
    Having skills on items could be fun. It was kinda fun when I played Path of Exile.

Seriously, another thread arguing the same pointless argument?

This is an example of how history works. New generations come and ask the same questions and make the same mistakes of the previous generation, unless they learn form history and make new mistakes that get repeated by the next generation in a viscous circle of text walls and run on sentences.