Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Krimbo-2771

Re: I dont understand diablo.

For me, Diablo is about finding the best gear for my character.
    I could kill thousands of monsters for one amazing piece of equipment, it feels to rewarding after all that blood-shed to finally wield it.

Banned

I think it's mainly about the addiction of improving your character. Same like how some people are addicted to for example fitness, it's not so much that they like doing the same repetitive exercises over and over again, but it's getting that little bit more ripped.

BattleTag Azzure-1989

Quote Originally Posted by pleace View Post
    hey guys, i never played d2 but d3 looks really cool. my question is what u do in d3. so from what i understand, its not an mmo, u either play solo or up to 4 people. but its just a story mode game and all u do is keep repeating the story on higher difficulty's. overall, what is the goal of playing the game. because if all u do is replay the story then it seems really repetitive and boring after a while.
    The answer to this question is very detailed.

Without experiencing a Diablo end-game, most people won't appreciate the theory behind how it all works and why its so fun. But it is awesome. Items in Diablo 3 are far more interesting than in MMO's, and offer infinite upgrades. The whole system is built around providing an enjoyable experience for years on end. Many would say (including myself) that the Diablo end-game is far better than any MMO so far.

IncGamers Member

None of the Diablo games have much of an end game outside of PvP. After you're strong enough to beat the game there really isn't much of a non-OCD reason to keep playing the same character while beating up on the same stupid AI monsters. It's still fun though and beating the game with every character will probably take more time than most non-JRPG games.

BattleTag Saydrake-1197

ITEMS ITEMS ITEMS ITEMS. Items?

MAKE A GODLIKE CHARACTER! GOT A GODLIKE CHARACTER? MAKE IT EVEN MORE GODLIKE WITH A 0.001% INCREASE IN WHATEVER!

No other game has more replay value if the goals and objectives are what I mentioned above (in caps too!)

Ahh, the frustration grows strong towards this young mortal... Must. Show. Him. The. Beauty.

IncGamers Member

how many friends can u play with? and with ur friends could u go to really hard bosses that can only be beat in a group, cuz i looove bosses.
    and are the expansions free or paid(if so how much approx)

IncGamers Member

You can play with 4 people. All content can be played solo or coop. There is still zero info on any xpacs but they will surely be paid.

BattleTag Azzure-1989

Quote Originally Posted by pleace View Post
    how many friends can u play with? and with ur friends could u go to really hard bosses that can only be beat in a group, cuz i looove bosses.
    and are the expansions free or paid(if so how much approx)
    Difficulty scales depending on how many players are in the game. So yes, you can play with 4 people and take on a boss and he will be challenging.

BattleTag cozmic0-1632

It really hard to explain the addictiveness of Diablo, even watching a gameplay video doesn't do it justice, you have to experience it yourself, IMO even before the endgame you already can taste the fun of the game.

My advise is just wait for the starter edition which will be a free trial available shortly after launch and try it for yourself!

BattleTag stonerdoom-1945

Welcome. Move to newcomer section.