Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

I dont understand diablo.

hey guys, i never played d2 but d3 looks really cool. my question is what u do in d3. so from what i understand, its not an mmo, u either play solo or up to 4 people. but its just a story mode game and all u do is keep repeating the story on higher difficulty's. overall, what is the goal of playing the game. because if all u do is replay the story then it seems really repetitive and boring after a while.

Re: I dont understand diablo.

What do you mean, "What do you do"? You kill stuff and get loot.
    What game isn't repetitive?

IncGamers Member

what is the goal of playing the game
    Getting stronger and trying different gear and skills on enemies.What stops it being repetitive is what you can do with your character.Also even stuff that you do again and again has random aspects,you will get different enemies and different map layouts.

These games are all about replayability and sustained gameplay,theres a lot more to do than most other genres.Hopefully PvP will be added at some point and that will give even more to strive for and then theres expansions and maybe content patches.

IncGamers Member

are the expansions free, or do u have to pay and if so how much would they cost?

IncGamers Member

Well originally in the beginning of times the concept was to kill enemies, find loot and develop your character, but the "develop your character" concept has apparently been dropped so now you just kill enemies and find loot(which technically is also developing your character but not really in the true sense).

I think you should buy the Diablo 2 battle chest for $20 before spending $60 on a game.
    The D2 BC will give you the gaming experience so youll be able to tell if the Diablo series is for you or not.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by pleace View Post
    overall, what is the goal of playing the game.
    Same goal as most other games: beating the game. Unlike most other games, though, you can keep playing it after you beat it, if you feel like it.

BattleTag pcguy89-1721

Quote Originally Posted by Sex View Post
    I think you should buy the Diablo 2 battle chest for $20 before spending $60 on a game.
    The D2 BC will give you the gaming experience so youll be able to tell if the Diablo series is for you or not.
    My friend tried Diablo 2 and didn't like it. When I made him play the D3 Beta, he had a better time. He will be getting the game upon release.

Quote Originally Posted by Sex View Post
    For a newcomer, I actually advise just waiting for D3 :P. D2 was made in a very different time, and pretty much you have to spend a long time fighting the interface and doing a lot of reading just to get the core gaming experience. D3 eases you into it in a much more natural way. If anything, I'd recommend playing Titan Quest (that's really cheap right now). I think that it's closer to D3 than D2 is, ironically :P. But even so, Titan Quest is still pretty different. There simply isn't anything QUITE like D3 out in the market, at the moment.

@pleace - the fun of the Diablo franchise is just becoming more powerful and acquiring ever-better loot :P. In Diablo 3, you also have new 'runes' for your skills (which can drastically change them to the point where they are effectively new skills) all the way up to level 60, so there's lots of cool things for you to unlock as you play the higher difficulties, too.

IncGamers Member

I would stay away from D2 right now. The bot infested cesspool that the game is today doesn't really do justice for Diablo series.