Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Skills are awesome!

Did anyone love the skills as much as I did in the beta? Giving you that overpowered feeling while taking some skill to use correctly and looking amazing. Saying that, what were your favorite skills for each class? For me they were-

WD - Haunt, Really cool skill, you can kill so many ppl with just one, and has a lot of potential to it.
    Monk - Fists of Thunder with the first rune, JUMP THAT GENERATES SPIRIT? ZOMG OP.
    DH - Entangling Shot, Multiple target, slow, hatred generator.. awesome skill.
    Barb - Frenzy, This skill was awesome.. even though rend was doing more dmg I wanted to use this more.
    Wiz - Arcane Torrent, Such an awesome skill.. by far my favorite for the Wizard.

IncGamers Member

Re: Skills are awesome!

To my great surprise, I have enjoyed using every single skill I've gotten to try. My favorite so far miiiiiight be Chakram.

BattleTag FireIceTalon-1265

WD: Fire Bats.....very big dmg. Grasp of the Dead and Leaping Corpse Spiders are quite cool as well though.
    Monk: Deadly Reach - big dmg, nice range, fast, and regenerates Spirit reasonably well. I used this for a good portion of my offense overall. Dashing Strike and Wave of Light were alot of fun also.
    DH: Rapid Fire easily - most dps, looks sick, only thing i dont like is that it eats hatred up like no ones business. Caltrops and Vault are very useful too. For hatred regeneration, Bola Shot.
    Barb: pfff, all of them. Barbs just simply, DOMINATE.
    Wiz: Ray of Frost for looks, though Arcane Torrent is probably better. Magic Missile with the first rune for source regen.

IncGamers Member

magic missile doesnt replenish arcane power(unless they recently changed it and im mistaken) its a signature spell so it doesnt cost anything, but the wizards and wd's regen is insanely fast

BattleTag FireIceTalon-1265

Ah, yea, I was thinking of the DH for some reason I think when I was typing about the Wiz. Heh. Yea, the two caster classes have insane regen speed.

Barb seems quite OP already...by lvl 8 I was killing things so fast that I had a hard time regenerating fury

IncGamers Member

haha yea, but i felt mroe op with the WD with soul harvest.. SO OP

BattleTag Azzure-1989

The Diablo 3 skill system is nothing short of amazing. Not only the actual skill effects, but the build combinations, strategy and mechanics behind them. Absolutely love it.

IncGamers Member

For me the skills are great indeed.

Barb - for me it's Rend coupled with Leap cleave it clears mobs pretty quickly. Ravage Rune for it expands the radius if it. If you have good damage output it's awesome.

WD - I like so many of the WD skills. I want a pet class but Haunt and Grasp of the dead's DOT's are really cool. Again If you have good damage output it's awesome.

DH - entangled shot and chain gang rune. effects up to 4 mobs. Throw in hungering arrow and it's rune damage is great.

Monk - Deadly Reach. I'm looking to make a midranged Fighting monk. Deadly reach and Wave of light can possibly do that.

Wizard - I wasn't impressed with any of the skills. That said I think shock pulse with explosive bolts might be my favorite.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azzure View Post
    The Diablo 3 skill system is nothing short of amazing. Not only the actual skill effects, but the build combinations, strategy and mechanics behind them. Absolutely love it.
    For the many doubters wondering what makes D3 any better than D2 - this is it. The potential for depth of combat is absolutely staggering. Can't wait to try 'em aaaaaaaall!!

IncGamers Member

My favorite thing to do is round up a huge clump of enemies and use wave of force and watch everything melt and fly away.