Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 156
  1. #51
    IncGamers Member Zokar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    BattleTag Zokar -1451
    Posts
    5,156

    Re: Can we PLEASE take off the rose tinted glasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by edistotiger View Post
    Pretty much anything other than joining a game for a specific quest.
    such as...?



  2. #52
    IncGamers Member Wolfpaq777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    California
    BattleTag wolfpaq777-1423
    Posts
    977

    Re: Can we PLEASE take off the rose tinted glasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashiminos View Post
    I looked at the title and the timer. If I saw something that was untoward, I'd either keep looking or *GASP*, make my own game. Problem solved.

    One of these solutions is still here, many years later. Now there is a new problem: If I want to run a game with multiple players, but run a separate section of the game (read: significantly earlier/later), I'm SOL. Of course, there may no longer be a reason for doing so.
    Yeah because clicking game by game in a completely unsorted list of every game of every act and every quest including runs, free itemz, duels and trades is more efficient than simply selecting the quest you want to do, hitting join game, and automatically being in a game full of people all starting the quest you want to do. Oh wait, no it isn't.

    Your arguments are empty words, no logic or thought behind them. Yes, there were ways to handle the difficulties posed by the D2 game join system. You aren't the only one who figured out how to check the timer. That doesn't change the fact that D3's system is far superior.




  3. #53
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    389

    Re: Can we PLEASE take off the rose tinted glasses?

    Oh I lol'd. I lol'd good and hard at this. J'ai de la chance.

    A) You can't use most of those craftable blues - The level of the item is over the level of the character at beta max -- 13.
    B) The skeleton king is significantly lower than level 13. He can't drop comparable level rares to those blues.
    C) What's the big deal with crafting when shops and dead mobs are right there? (It gets better later, but then we'd be)
    D) Forgetting that this is a beta, you're comparing craft blues meant for later gameplay to level 8-9 SK drops. It's entirely reasonable to suspect comparable rares to be better than those craft blues.
    E) I'm more interested in how items will work throughout Diablo 3, not just the beta.

    F) Those exceptions in D2 are not necessarily going to be replicated in D3. Different team, different balance philosophy.

    G) I'm not sure you did this, but you now self-invalidated any statement along the lines of not making broad assumptions about D3 from the beta since you specifically invoked a beta circumstance.
    Except that part of the conversation was, "this is how I would've liked to do it in beta". Which the reply was, "Well, in beta, you try that, but it will probably work out like this in the full version, but we don't know yet." And you stepped in with a, "Ah, ha, I have you now, you invoked the beta."

    When you're level 12-13 in beta, you are seriously item hunting. At this point, you occasionally get a rare, but very often blue items from farming rares/elites, so that's where you farm. They [Blizzard] say that you will be farming rare/elite packs more for items than you did in Diablo II (though, I did farm the hell out of Hell Pit, ect, so I think that those were farmed a little more than you would think listening to the DIII team), so it makes sense that things will work out very similar to what you have in the beta. I'm betting if you're doing act 1 inferno, it's more rewarding to start with falling star than it is in the beta, but that's just a guess too.

    Also, a good chunk of my best gear in beta were craftable blues, especially shoulder items. All my rings seem to come from vendors though. I'm assuming that will be different when we have more places to farm.




  4. #54
    IncGamers Member Rashiminos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    2,158

    Re: Can we PLEASE take off the rose tinted glasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpaq777 View Post
    Yeah because clicking game by game in a completely unsorted list of every game of every act and every quest including runs, free itemz, duels and trades is more efficient than simply selecting the quest you want to do, hitting join game, and automatically being in a game full of people all starting the quest you want to do. Oh wait, no it isn't.
    See? Was that so hard that you couldn't do it the first time. Actually I doubt it, so see below...

    Create a game and name it. Waypoint to desired area of game. Very efficient.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpaq777 View Post
    Your arguments are empty words, no logic or thought behind them. Yes, there were ways to handle the difficulties posed by the D2 game join system. You aren't the only one who figured out how to check the timer. That doesn't change the fact that D3's system is far superior.
    So why didn't you just say so the first time. Too busy making a strawman argument? If you continue to make such false accusations (see resized text), then I'm going to have to complain in other directions.



  5. #55
    IncGamers Member JWBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Newcastle England
    BattleTag Ferran-2507
    Posts
    215

    Re: Can we PLEASE take off the rose tinted glasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashiminos View Post
    Oh I lol'd. I lol'd good and hard at this.
    Glad you're so easily amused.



  6. #56
    IncGamers Member Rashiminos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    2,158

    Re: Can we PLEASE take off the rose tinted glasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorrah View Post
    When you're level 12-13 in beta, you are seriously item hunting.
    Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorrah View Post
    Also, a good chunk of my best gear in beta were craftable blues, especially shoulder items. All my rings seem to come from vendors though. I'm assuming that will be different when we have more places to farm.
    I believe I explicated the reasons for that in a previous post, but allow me to add to that:

    I) You'd probably farm cath 2-4 and royal. Optionally skip regular mobs and/or leoric. You need gold to craft too, and the cathedral is better than defiled crypts for that goal. Leoric drops several magics and is not hard. This leaves one thing: why would you bother spending such time to do this in beta? I wouldn't. Maybe you would. To each his own.

    J) The "but that was for beta" comment. Let's pretend that you were actually playing D3 for a moment, and the crown quest was still an option. Are you going to farm it for blues, or just move on to greener pastures when Leoric bites it for the third time(Some guy needs to don Tyrael's armor and make him R.I.P.)? I view it as a situation that certain mobs just happen to be in the proper direction, and the "bonus experience/chance for worthy loot" would be an excuse to spend a few moments caving the ghost's ectoplasm in even if it weren't a requirement. The moment that's no longer true -- skip.

    I currently see crafting as a way to round out item imbalances during normal play. I wouldn't invest heavily into until later, when it would transition into a way to speed gameplay rather than slow it down (gold is useful for other things right off the bat), and this leads back to my original point.

    I don't see farming a specific mob for junk blues to be a worthwhile endeavor, so consequently I think someone specifically mentioning it reflects poorly on that argument. You can acquire enough junk through regular play (and farming worthwhile targets).

    Edit:

    Perusal of the blacksmith recipe list reveals a lot of rares that need rare salvages to craft.


    Last edited by Rashiminos; 24-04-2012 at 03:05.

  7. #57
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14

    Re: Can we PLEASE take off the rose tinted glasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by MindGame View Post
    I completely agree with every point you make but this one. Matter of fact I'm thinking all of these things in my head whenever I read these forums most of the time.

    But I played D2 on and off for 10 years for thousands of hours and my absolute 100% favorite part of the game was trading. Bartering is fun. What trades for what isn't set in stone when there's no real end all currency. You can find one of a kind deals from people looking to move something quick, and dealing in ultra rare items who's value couldn't be easily assessed was always really fun to me. It was a really fun time trying to turn 1 SoJ into 5-10 in a day by playing the market.

    The AH makes an instant exact definition of exactly what every item is worth instantly by searching. To me that's not fun. I had a lot of fun hanging out in trade chat trying to make deals with people.. it was just a good break from constant grinding. D3 won't really have such a break besides PvP.

    I know most people didn't feel this way at all, but I can vouch for the fact that some of us that do played D2 every bit as much as you did.

    Bartering created the community and the lasting appeal for many within Diablo II. This will be the biggest downfall of Diablo 3's community. Conversations just won't occur anymore, well atleast an extremely small fraction of what it once was in Diablo II. The game revolved around trading. Diablo 3 will revolve around rushing through Point A to Point B. I hope something creates the community, but I am not optimistic.



  8. #58
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    389

    Re: Can we PLEASE take off the rose tinted glasses?

    I don't see farming a specific mob for junk blues to be a worthwhile endeavor, so consequently I think someone specifically mentioning it reflects poorly on that argument. You can acquire enough junk through regular play (and farming worthwhile targets).

    Edit:

    Perusal of the blacksmith recipe list reveals a lot of rares that need rare salvages to craft.
    Ah, I got a lot of those rare mats by salvaging blue gear, is that something that is just for the beta then, or was that not supposed to happen like that? It's seems the fact that kept happening will make blues more worthwhile to farm, at least early on.

    It still seems to me that aside from just running around 1 shotting everything for sport, since 13 is cap, may as well try to at least get gear that's as good as you can get, maybe that is just me though. I see things like 5 second skele king videos, that can't just be with random junk.




  9. #59
    IncGamers Member Wolfpaq777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    California
    BattleTag wolfpaq777-1423
    Posts
    977

    Re: Can we PLEASE take off the rose tinted glasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorrah View Post
    Ah, I got a lot of those rare mats by salvaging blue gear, is that something that is just for the beta then, or was that not supposed to happen like that? It's seems the fact that kept happening will make blues more worthwhile to farm, at least early on.
    It's not just an early on thing. It's a 5% chance and it's the #1 reason we will be farming blues & up. Super uniques, regular uniques, champion packs will all be desirable targets. There's no reason to not get started on tactics now in beta even if it is only a tiny percentage of the game =)

    The skeleton king will be in inferno after all.




  10. #60
    IncGamers Member Frank_the_tank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    205

    Re: Can we PLEASE take off the rose tinted glasses?

    The Cathedral is very gothic looking
    No my friend, it is not. The Cathedral, both inside and outside, is by far the worst looking environment so far seen in Diablo 3.

    Really is a shame, since it's the most iconic place in the Diablo universe.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •