Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Please dont read this BLIZZARD!!! (diablo 3 beta)

Quote Originally Posted by sgtTenor View Post
    4 slots 9 skills to work with. what's the math on that?

a basic build
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WcXe

you can get more builds by switching out certain skills in slots (as we all know)
    2 more by switching out your rage builders
    3 more switching your secondary to hammer of the anceints.
    3 more with ground stomp as primary defense
    6 more if you switch out your secondary #2 slot to revenge, ancient spear,

That's 15 different builds already all at level 13! pretty insane!

I'm curious about how many variations with the skills and slots we had for the beta. Any mathematicians out there that give a simple formula?
    Barb lvl 13, 4 skill selections, total of 10 skills to choose from and 3 passives.
    Disregarding passives: 210 combinations, with passives 630 combinations and this is WITHOUT RUNES.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellpyre View Post
    Perhaps because Vitality was the stat he would have put it in, if he did not want a buffer while he went forwards towards max level. Strength wouldn't have helped him if he didn't ind new armor.
    Right, but when does anyone stop searching for new items? They would have never stopped looking for new armor, and they would have never known whether or not he was going to find one, so he would never use the points in anticipation of a new armor.

IncGamers Member

Saying there is "zero skill customization" is mind-bogglingly stupid but I do think that Cleave is very clearly OP. I'm hoping it gets nerfed by release. That said...I found I prefer the extra Fury from Bash so I could Hammer more. I also found Ground Stomp way more useful to me than Leap.

BattleTag Azzure-1989

This thread is moronic.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azzure View Post
    This thread is moronic.
    A longtime Diablo fan decides to make his first post(on a Diablo fansite)and his thread is called moronic by a moderator. I'd expect it from the forum spammers...

BattleTag starrise-1321

As a true Diablo 2 fan, I disagree with the OP.

IncGamers Member In the name of Zod's Avatar

Looking back at D2 the barb sucked heaps at the beginning due to his slow attack speed. To make a tank like a barb good you need fast attacks like whirlwind or prop'd frenzy.

The monk is awesome when you change to elective mode - only! I totally agree with the op again here and sympathize.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftarrow View Post
    Sorry for the novel, just a Diablo lover scorned over a game that could have been epic.
    I feel sorry for you that D3 didn't fill your expectations, see you on May 15th.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mobbo View Post
    A longtime Diablo fan decides to make his first post(on a Diablo fansite)and his thread is called moronic by a moderator. I'd expect it from the forum spammers...
    You expect special treatment because you're new?

IncGamers Member

I tryed the Beta this weekend, and I must say I was extremely surprised how well they succeeded in creating an interesting game play. They got something nice to work whit, and whit some future update and expansion this game can surely be pretty nice. Remember when D2 just started, the game customization was pretty dull. D2 became really nice when the synergy system got live.

But there is one think that I totally dislike on the current version of D3. I like the way you don’t need to choose where you want to put your skill. But why…. Make skill totally useless? I mean, if you’re a barb, you going to be a total idiot if you put on any item whit + intel or + Dex.
    Each class have a mains stats that give URGE damage bonus. This broke item customization and build possibility via item. They really need to make sure Every single stats can be useful to every class, even just a little. And don’t tell me +1 Armor per Str will be useful, or the ,05 chance of dodging per Dex. You get enormous dmg bonus for your main char stats.