Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Did anyone have a truly engaging or enjoyable social experience this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Azzure View Post
    I sat in the chat channels during the downtimes and it was really enjoyable. I wish they did more to showcase the public chat.
    I did a good amount of that, too, even though the channels suck and have a really low cap. I spent a lot of time answering questions about the game, and it was awesome to see everyone so excited to be able to even just log on, even though they couldn't get in a game at that point.

I also got to game with some of my co-workers, some of whom haven't played an arpg before, which was great as well. We used skype. Also did quite a bit of chat with some of the forum-goers here.

In a pub game, the only time we really chat is to tell people to catch up (found the crypts or whatever), or else asking if someone wants a linked item. I'm okay with that.

IncGamers Member

Re: Did anyone have a truly engaging or enjoyable social experience this weekend?

Going forward are people really going to play mulitplayer with randoms and have random players do stupid stuff.. no i doubt it.. most likely you will contact some of your D3 friends and play while chatting using a voice client.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Going forward are people really going to play mulitplayer with randoms and have random players do stupid stuff.. no i doubt it.. most likely you will contact some of your D3 friends and play while chatting using a voice client.
    I will simply because it's nice to play with random people whom you have no social "obligations" to.

First game I joined when I installed open beta was with a level 13 DH that killed SK for me. Since then I've gotten on skype calls with him and his brother and done SK runs with them. Love to make friends with people randomly like that.

IncGamers Member

I've been in the beta for a while, but thanks to the open weekend I had a chance to coop with some old friends who hadn't played it before, and that was very enjoyable Great way to reconnect! And yes, we both chatted and killed stuff

IncGamers Member

yes i did. I was at a LAN party with some mates when i read about the open beta, and so everyone was like, yeah, cool, lets play that and lol we choked the hub all trying to download 15gig at once, but we got around that and managed to get some co-op testing done, and it was a blast

I think we're the problem, not the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh View Post
    I think we're the problem, not the game.
    Hey, don't blame me for Chineese nut who hates USA. That for sure isn't MINE fault!

BattleTag Tonuk-1892

Had a great time on mumble meeting new clanmates and talking about random stuff. We ran a fun HC naked group. I belive all of us felt the difficulty of going naked (starting weapon only) was more enjoyable overall.

Tried in 3 public games (without clanmates) to get convos going. No replies and no waiting for other members to catch up :( It felt like I was running around with bots. Think I'll be sticking to clan games or solo mostly.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Yeah, my experience was great because I was on TS with a IRL friend all the time.