Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Ask me all your questions

Quote Originally Posted by Magikarp View Post
    i could write a book on d2 and d3 barb lol he's always been my favorite is there anything specific you would need tips on?
    Yeah, I guessed that is also a wide question
    If you have some links with tutorials or something like that, I would greatly appreciate.
    Thank you

IncGamers Member

Hm, realised this last night is there anyway to change the hotkeys that are not explicit?

I pressed F9 yesterday (happens to be my video capture button) and I opened up achievements. I thought U or Y key was achievements...so...anyway to unbind achievements from F9?

Quote Originally Posted by onorarono View Post
    Hm, realised this last night is there anyway to change the hotkeys that are not explicit?

I pressed F9 yesterday (happens to be my video capture button) and I opened up achievements. I thought U or Y key was achievements...so...anyway to unbind achievements from F9?
    Hit escape, go to the options menu, select the keybindings tab on the left. It's under "social" I think.

BattleTag Ash-1217

Quote Originally Posted by inzinjercuga View Post
    Yeah, I guessed that is also a wide question
    If you have some links with tutorials or something like that, I would greatly appreciate.
    Thank you
    That's still pretty wide :P specific questions on that would help lol like what do u wanna know

IncGamers Member

Ok, here are my questions :
    - During the open beta i wasn't able to find in the options the possibilty to show numbers on the hp and ressources bar (like in D2, i think it was done by pressing alt and something else) is it possible ? (it would be a shame if it wasn't because it caused me some problems as i wasn't efficient on casting spells right when i could).
    - Regarding the AH, how does buying/selling gold works ? I plan on selling my gold early game but i didn't have time this week-end to look into it. Do you make an auction like you would for an item ? Do the buyers scroll and pick the gold package they want ? Is it the same to put a big amount of gold or to put 10 small packages ? (this one is heavily related to the last one, if buyers scrolls then it's best to put an average appelling amount of gold, but if the buyers just pick an amount of gold and the AH takes the best auction then lots of small packages are better to be sure to sell them or maybe it just don't work that way )

Awaiting user confirming email address

You can turn on hit points etc from the game options.

Gold and Commodities are sold via a "market pool" system.

Selling: You choose have much you want to sell and at what price "check the last average trades price" to list at market value, which you should do if you want a quick sale.

Buying: You enter how many Commodities or gold you want to buy and the AH will return an average price for you order, all you have to do is click the buyout button, if the market can buy your order for less than the price it gave you, you'll get your order plus a refund on the difference.

Blizzard have done gold and Commodities this way to save people the "grief" of looking at hundreads of listings to find a good deal.
    It just like a real world stock exchange works.

IncGamers Member

Hey guys,
    I've just finished playing in the open beta, which has ended now. One thing I wasn't sure about was the fact that it doesn't list exactly how much damage you do for each skill. Is there no way to compare the damage you're doing between skills, like on the character screen in D2? e.g. Fire bolt does 4-8 damage, whereas Fireball does 8-12 etc. It just seems to be a percentage based on your DPS. Maybe it's not important but I always like to see the numbers

IncGamers Member

Hello everyone,

I did not have much time to play open beta, but it was enough to encounter one problem with several classes: the health potion cool down. I was being killed during the cooldown few times.

It's quite a change from D1 and D2, where you could just pump up as many potions as you liked.

Can you control how long this cooldown last? Or
    the only way is to just invest in vitality?

Thanks,

BattleTag Ash-1217

Quote Originally Posted by Mefet View Post
    Ok, here are my questions :
    - During the open beta i wasn't able to find in the options the possibilty to show numbers on the hp and ressources bar (like in D2, i think it was done by pressing alt and something else) is it possible ? (it would be a shame if it wasn't because it caused me some problems as i wasn't efficient on casting spells right when i could).
    - Regarding the AH, how does buying/selling gold works ? I plan on selling my gold early game but i didn't have time this week-end to look into it. Do you make an auction like you would for an item ? Do the buyers scroll and pick the gold package they want ? Is it the same to put a big amount of gold or to put 10 small packages ? (this one is heavily related to the last one, if buyers scrolls then it's best to put an average appelling amount of gold, but if the buyers just pick an amount of gold and the AH takes the best auction then lots of small packages are better to be sure to sell them or maybe it just don't work that way )
    You can enable health to show over monsters but as far enable it to show in the orbs I don't think you can
    and the gold auction house I believe you put it in as stacks of 1000 and then the buyer can as man stacks as they want

BattleTag Ash-1217

Quote Originally Posted by Ednilson View Post
    Hey guys,
    I've just finished playing in the open beta, which has ended now. One thing I wasn't sure about was the fact that it doesn't list exactly how much damage you do for each skill. Is there no way to compare the damage you're doing between skills, like on the character screen in D2? e.g. Fire bolt does 4-8 damage, whereas Fireball does 8-12 etc. It just seems to be a percentage based on your DPS. Maybe it's not important but I always like to see the numbers
    You can enable to show advanced tooltips for spells in options but it won't tell you exactly how much u do it tells you like 150% weapon DMg so u gotta figure it out urself with some good old
    math