Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Played all 5 Characters. WOW, its good, the game is GREAT!

All characters where played to the SK (lvl 10).

First, every character rocks. I love them all, everyone of them. Their all unique, different, special, god-like, powerful, amazing, and most importantly rip roaring FUN to play. Honestly, I have no clue what my first character is going to be May 15.

In order of characters played and hours to completion.

DH (female) 4.5hrs - I loved the D2 Amazon and this played as expected. Disappointed? Maybe, I will say it didn't leave the greatest impressions of all the characters. Still fun and it just still might be my first character.

Barb (male) 2.50hrs - Screw Flux (he's sounds crazy on the podcast anyway), the physical destruction of the environment, monsters, the power, the rage, its perfect! The best impression of the characters, no question.

Wizard (male) 2.40 hrs - Boom!

Monk (female) 2.30 hrs - Physical bad girl (ha!), yet played so very different then the barb. I didn't have the best weapon and the SK took forever to kill.

WD (female) 2.30 hrs - While I enjoyed the Necro with the pet, this was the last character and I didn't have the best
    hopes for it but I just finished and I'm going to love this version. Just fun to play. Love the dogs and darts, darts kill. I hate spiders. Creepy...

To hell with D3 haters, actually to all internet haters, Diablo rocks. Diii.net rocks (oh wait...). The sound, voice acting, graphics (best part), the tone (what are the hater talking about about, its Gothic Horror to a black G), all of it, love it.

LOVE IT

IncGamers Member

Re: Played all 5 Characters. WOW, its good, the game is GREAT!

Yes ultimately I came to the same conclusion; the game is just absolutely fantastic. I played both D1 (+Hellfire) and D2 with expansion and this game just completely annihilates both of them.
    I killed Leoric with both Wizard and Barbarian, and I've also tried the monk and I've gotta say, jumping 30 meters down a stairway crushing the skulls of 10 skeletons with the barbarians leap has got to be one of the most badass things ever. I also loved the wizard, and the monk. However, at launch I will play the witch doctor most likely, and I do not wish to get the first 10 or so levels spoiled for me in the beta so I wont touch him for now.
    Most of all I really really ADORE the atmosphere. My god, has there ever been a game this beautiful? Not even the classic Zelda games can match this, and that comes from a fanboy.

Glad you guys sincerely enjoyed it.

IncGamers Member

Add me to its great, the Barb got a really good feal of power behind him/her
    WD is fun, but can run out of mana fast, expressibly if like me you love his bats.
    Monk is fun but I agree is a bit weak even with a semi-decent weapon vs Skelly King, BTW you can charge combos with shift attack really nice when a horde of mobs are coming to attack you.
    Wizard nice collection of spells that are decent cant wait to get my hands on the higher ones.
    Demon Hunter is ok the problem is IMO his/her low level skills are the most boring of the 5 classes.

IncGamers Member

I played barb, DH, WD, and wiz up to level 13 and i think monk up to 6 or something. Barbarian was definitely a positive surprise, DH was slightly disappointing, WD and wiz were pretty much what i expected and monk was just awfully boring by my standards.

I have to say that character level has huge impact on the classes early one. In example wiz and barb ascend onto whole different level once you get access to frenzy and arcane torrent. I hope DH and monk will have similar moments later into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dator View Post
    the tone (what are the hater talking about about, its Gothic Horror to a black G)
    A black G?

I don't think you guys know what tone means or at least have no basis for comparison. Compared to D1, D2 and D3 are like a flipbook of cliches and don't even approach the first game in terms of atmosphere and tone.
    I enjoy the game, but I couldn't let this comment slide.

Wizard will be my first when the game is released for sure. Can't wait to try my build.

IncGamers Member

I have just finished playing all the five classes (each one at least once to SK, the ones I liked - more).
    And I concur - this game is great! And the gameplay feels very much like D2. I had this feeling that all my "clicking" habits from D2 work just the same, the way the character reacts to my commands is very similar. Other aspects of the game may be quite different from D2, but the gameplay itself is smooth and at least as good as the one in D2 was.

As for the characters... Just after the Demon Hunter was first announced and presented, I posted in a comments section of the article on this site: that I loved the abilities that they had shown this class has - and that, while I never played a bow class in D1 or D2 (in fact, these were the only classes that didn't appeal to me in the earlier games), I would choose DH without hesitation in D3.

Now I have fulfilled that "promise", and the first character I created in open beta was DH. And even after I played all the others later, this one is still my favorite! This class has an amazing set of skills and in fact it was the only one with which I was constantly using skill from all the available slots. With any of the other classes I usually had one or two skills that I used only occasionally or almost never.
    With DH when I ran into a serious enemy I would use Hooked Spines (Caltrops rune), then Vault away to a good firing position and pierce everything with Rapid Fire (the runed version of it is amazing), switching to Puncturing Arrow when running low on hartred (being in context a kind of "calm down" attack this is one still pretty effective). It feels just great.

Quote Originally Posted by Risingred View Post
    Compared to D1, D2 and D3 are like a flipbook of cliches and don't even approach the first game in terms of atmosphere and tone.
    I agree, D1 was way beyond what D2 or D3 could offer in that area. But I think it may have something to do with the fact, that in D1 the player character was so slow and weak, and so every time you tried stepping through the dark door, you could expect to meet an instant doom - from which sometimes you could barely escape, but never with ease. And add to that the monsters that could not be seen up until the very last moment...

IncGamers Member

I've also loved all 5 classes but the Barb is my least fav so far.

And Red - it's called subjective opinion. It's not D1-good but the atmosphere is great IMO.

IncGamers Member

the game is pretty boring single player

multi-player is definitely the way to play it

its too boring running around trying to find stuff single player

is it defiled crypt 1 or is it defiled crypt 2 or is it defiled crypt 3 ?
    at least with multi player you can split up and find the stairs and quest objectives quickly

but if we change of definition of
    "actually playing the game"
    from
    "slowly and deliberately exploring every inch of every hallway"
    to
    "working together as a team to quickly and efficiently complete quest objectives, while at the same time watching each others backs and not playing recklessly"

then the game becomes incredibly fun

but exploring every inch of every hallway is not

I guess that’s why I was so disappointed when the announced they were delaying PvP

playing PvP together as team was one of the things I was looking forward to the most; its why I still play Warhammer Online, and its also why I was excited for GW2

so I’m very, very glad to have participated in the open beta

I now know that from the very second the game comes out, I will ONLY be playing public multi player games

which is completely opposite of what I did in D2