Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: An honest opinion of the current beta from a lifelong D2 veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTheFluffer View Post
    That was your metaphor, not mine, Deckard. Personally, if I was to constantly haunt a forum for half a decade with a name after a character that had been part of an artwork that had given me thousands of hours of pleasure, I would probably be familiar with the basics of its origin and find that interesting.

But I don't consider the art and entertainment I enjoy to be a total commodity created by faceless, interchangeable drones.
    I didn't even use fast food as a metaphor unless you go to mcdonalds and order a bowl of froot loops. Sorry if I think food is maybe more important than games keeps since it keeps you alive. Maybe you should get your priorities straight.

2nd of all... Deckard Cain does not pleasure me, and when he does I don't last for hours.

I have been on this forum (not posting) since the D1 days. I love how you just try to insult or avoid my argument, no matter how valid it is. You are actually worse than the Blizzard fanboys, and god those guys are annoying.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post
    Sometimes a brand means something.
    And sometimes you get "Cars 2". Sometimes great companies lose their most talented and creative people, or they just burn out, and endlessly recycle and polish IP from when they were still around.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard Cain View Post
    I love how you just try to insult or avoid my argument, no matter how valid it is.
    Actually, Deckard, you're the one that ignored my point-my-point demolition of your.. er.. argu... whatever it was, and instead fixated on the fact that I correctly pointed out that you don't know even the most basic thing about the character your diii.net avatar is named after. A character that has entertained you for what is probably half of your life.

IncGamers Member

You win! I don't know him! all my opinions are now moot, I cannot have an opinion on D3, I only like aspects of D3 because blizzard developed it, I'm a fool for not knowing all the producers and artists by name (only some of them :/ damn I suck). D3 is going to suck, my opinion has been changed.

EDIT:

I'd like to come out now and thank "Pietro Barilla" for creating barilla pasta in 1877. I have been eating this stuff all of my life. How would I have ever enjoyed delicious spaghetti without you Pietro! I certainly should have thanked you years ago, for I enjoy your pasta weekly. Pretty damn stupid of me to not be thankful for you, since your food helps keep me alive and give me the energy to do things like not know the names of who drew Deckard Cain.

IncGamers Member

And sometimes you get "Cars 2". Sometimes great companies lose their most talented and creative people, or they just burn out, and endlessly recycle and polish IP from when they were still around.
    Yup. Fortunately, that hasn't happened yet, at Blizz or Pixar.

IncGamers Member

I'm a fool for not knowing all the producers and artists by name (only some of them :/ damn I suck).

No, Deck, all of these things are a product of foolish mindset, but have nothing to do with what makes you unusually stupid. And none of it has any direct bearing on the entertainment experience that D3 offers.

I was just calling out your regurgitation of a tired narrative which has zero documentation, and offering an additional example of how totally ignorant you are of the history discussed, beyond your transparently misinformed repeating of some memes frequently seen here. Obviously, you would rather engage in reductio ad absurdum than discuss any of that, which is your prerogative.

IncGamers Member

Obviously, you would rather engage in reductio ad absurdum than discuss any of that, which is your prerogative.
    Here we go. lets argue about the type of argument. Now it's getting good, I haven't seen this before. I would like to apologize for saying I don't know what happened with Blizzard north, and that I don't like the idea of a D3 based in the D2 A1 tile set. Let's not talk about that. Lets talk about the type of argument and "claims" I am making (which im not even making, you just seem to think I am. I have never claimed to know anything, or regurgitate any 'facts')

Id like to take this time to thank Jerome Monroe Smucker, the founder of Smucker (and also everyone else involved in that company). I have enjoyed things like Jif peanut butter and their various jams/jellies/preserves for far too long. This thanks is way overdue, back in elementary I ate sandwiches with your guys products nearly every day, and it was damn delicious. Thanks for making a great product, if you guys ever go under I will refuse to buy any other jams or peanut butters ever again (the rest are ****!).

IncGamers Member

I would like to apologize for saying I don't know what happened with Blizzard north, and that I don't like the idea of a D3 based in the D2 A1 tile set.
    But you didn't say that - you repeated a series of speculations. That the leaked kotaku shots were a fair representation of the graphics, that the flagship crew was effectively blizzard north, that the title and work of that time was effectively scrapped, that this scrapping occurred because of the quality of the work. This, and unusually stupid speculation about how the approach to the D2 wilderness tile set might have had a similar reworking in some mysterious MMo-type project, which has also never been documented. I just ignored that part.

That's what I was referencing. I wouldn't have posted anything at all in response if you had left it at "I don't know what happened with Blizzard north". That's true. You don't.

IncGamers Member

I like this thread but I have to say a thing about the lol/ dota/ hon comparisons.

My name on War3/ League of Legends is Dotajuana. I have played a lot of dota over the years (and other blizzard games in general,) and I have to say first and foremost that the idea of this thread is bang on. D3, while fun and visually awesome, did NOT have the same feel as the first two games, especially not d2. I found the lack of skill choices to be rather repugnant and the skill system itself to be grossly lacking, I do not understand why we level up skill "runes" when we level instead of teh skills and ultimately, take passives and the "rune effects" out of the equation and you really only have like what? 12 skills per class that can actually be used... thats down from what 36 per class in d2? I understand its different but in D3 if I want to fully spec into a tree I cannot do that... IE I cannot have frenazy on my right mouse button with bash on the left. I do NOT like that. Of those 12 skills you can only have a certain combination between them due to the restrictions as to which mouse button/ #key those skills are locked to. I think thats the biggest disappointment of this game for me and it may well affect the games replayability for me.

Ok sidebar aside here back to what I wanted to say about the LOL comparison. I like what you said there but as a super long time Dota player, finally making the move to LOL about a year ago I have to say that the my reaction then (which is true to this day,) is that LOL is what Dota 2 should have been. The graphics are like the originals only better, the fact that each class gets a built in passive is brilliant, the AD/AP system, the hero selection, the originality of many of its mechanics... it all felt like what I thought Dota 2 would be.

So with my LOL account well under way I decide to venture out and try HON. I dont think I have ever been more disgusted by a game than HON. I was sadly disappointed by a lack of details in the graphics, I was grossly astounded at the blatant cut-and-paste attitude that the creators took with stealing material from Dota, word for word (items, heroes and other ways it was just a blatant rip off and totally unoriginal,) other things such as having to win 50-60 games as a newcomer before being able to unlock a new champion without opening my wallet... well that was enough for me. So I never went back.

Now I still play LOL and just recently got a dota2 beta with the Valve version of the game thru Steam and let me tell you that I cannot say how disappointing Dota 2 has been so far. Funny isnt it? I love Dota yet the sequel disgusts me, to me its the same thing to the original Dota as HON was... absolutely nothing new or original and terrible 3d graphics. A lack of detail in the various models used in game, from the buildings, champions and minions right to the trees and the river, it just looks... Mickey mouse by comparison to the original Dota which IMO looks better to this day than Dota 2 does.

Strange, no?

Banned

I didn't even use fast food as a metaphor unless you go to mcdonalds and order a bowl of froot loops. Sorry if I think food is maybe more important than games keeps since it keeps you alive. Maybe you should get your priorities straight.

2nd of all... Deckard Cain does not pleasure me, and when he does I don't last for hours.

I have been on this forum (not posting) since the D1 days. I love how you just try to insult or avoid my argument, no matter how valid it is. You are actually worse than the Blizzard fanboys, and god those guys are annoying.
    You think froot loops is more important then Diablo 3? BURN YOU HERETIC BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, posting in epic thread.