Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Beta Impression by Someone Who Actually Matters

I've played D1 & 2 far more than someone who isn't an obsessive autistic should, and still I revisit both of them yearly. In fact, basically the only reason I'm still running Windows XP is so I don't have to go through all the extra bull**** to play D1.

I finally got to play the beta I should have had access to from day 1, but didn't until last night.

I started with a barbarian because all of the other classes suck from a lore standpoint. Now that I've tried all of the classes, the barbarian remains my favorite. However, the monk is a lot of fun too, and the demon hunter (even though I think they embody everything that is wrong with how they're approaching the story now) is quite fun to me as well.

Now that I've played through the beta (a lot of times) I've been thinking about all of the negative things that I can recall, and conveniently I was forwarded to a terrible thread written by some idiot that basically sums up all of the complaints about D3. And as a long time Diablo player, I felt I should reinforce how stupid these complaints are.

Here is the link to the actual thread if you think I'm just making this kind of idiocy up:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...-I-feared.html

Quote Originally Posted by some idiot
    -There is no "game search" window like Diablo 2 had in BattleNet.
    He goes on to talk about how making friends in D3 will be more difficult without this game search. If you spent any time at all looking for friends in D2 then you're a sad person. I don't play video games to make friends, I play video games cause I actually think they're fun to play, what a ridiculous concept right?

-You can no longer choose where to put your attribute points.
    Leveling up stats was probably the most pointless thing in the world in both D1 & 2, there were several times where I didn't even bother leveling up my stats until I found an item that required me to have a certain stat. So the D3 devs trimmed the fat? omg **** game

-You can no longer choose from a MASSIVE skill-tree system for thousands of different "Builds" like in Diablo 2.
    lol "massive." good joke. Here's how the skill-tree worked: you either followed a cookie cutter build in order to be viable at all in pvp or Hell difficulty, or you set out on your own and became completely useless after nightmare. D3 cut out more useless decisions? omg simplified casual game

-Dungeons are barely random
    They're just as random as D2. This guy apparently expects dungeons to be labyrinths.

-The minimap is too small a LOT of times, and when you want the map "blown up" via the TAB key it becomes an "interactable" interface.
    I had no problem with the minimap. It might be too small if you're as visually impaired as you are mentally, but in D1 & 2 I felt that if I didn't have the minimap covering the center of the screen I was blind, and if I did the screen was too cluttered. The way it is now is perfect.

-As meantioned before, Pulsating Quest Markers.
    Communicating clearly to the user where you need to go to progress? Wow, what terrible game design!

-The game is so ungodly easy it's rather sad.
    If you had any trouble the first 1-13 levels in D2 normal difficulty then you have bigger problems than a game being "easy." Like mental retardation.

-Mana regenerates too quickly
    You don't run out of resources in the beginning of the game where typically only 1 skill cast will kill an enemy? FOR RILL?

-Itemization is a laughable joke now
    This complaint is basically "Omg you don't have to do differential equations to figure out how good an item is? stupid casual noob game." if I need to elaborate further on why this is idiotic then you're already a lost cause.

-The game simply isn't "Dark" enough.
    It's as "dark" as D2.

-Uninspired classes lead to dull gameplay
    several of the classes are idiotic from a lore standpoint but the gameplay isn't dull.

-Finally, the "Art Style" completely detracts from the immersion within the Diablo universe.
    This is purely taste.

There's also a thread about how the skill switch stuff on the fly will kill the longevity of the game because you don't have to make an entirely new class when you **** up. If you think that making a new class was part of the reason D2 was so replayable then you obviously have more time than brains because that was a massive design flaw.

D3 is a good game, the worst parts of it will easily be the ridiculously predictable story, the designed by a 12-year-old-who-just-figured-out-what-to-do-with-an-erection end game armor, and the terrible cheesy dialogue.

IncGamers Member

Re: Beta Impression by Someone Who Actually Matters

Trolled hard.

IncGamers Member

Hahaha, thanksSeptar BTW I am not laughing at you but hahaha your post just makes me laugh, as it funny & true IMO.

IncGamers Member

Septar knows how to make an entertaining post.

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Muggs's Avatar
    BattleTag Muggs-1534

I actually agree with most if not all of what Septar posted. Wonder if I should see a Doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
    I actually agree with most if not all of what Septar posted. Wonder if I should see a Doctor?
    I'm still waiting to hear beta impressions from someone who matters.

Banned

Damn, I thought you matter since you are successful in the real world, like a designer or a businessman. Apparently, you matter because you play D1 on XP. XD

IncGamers Member

I dunno. The complaints about the map are valid. Why can't I move when I open the full map?

IncGamers Member

How quaint. I suppose, you do matter, since you managed to draw my attention for about 27 seconds.

D3 Demon Hunter Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Quote Originally Posted by Hideo View Post
    Damn, I thought you matter since you are successful in the real world, like a designer or a businessman. Apparently, you matter because you play D1 on XP. XD
    If you don't take this thread too seriously, you can actually have a good laugh. Very amusingly written and actually quite a few valid points...

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.