Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    IncGamers Member

Re: Release week market strategy

There's definitely going to be chaos for a while, at the very least until a significant number of players start reaching walls, whatever those walls may be. Only then will things have a chance of stabilizing IMO, and even then that's a low chance and most likely stay messy for a while after too.

Besides, how many people buy a game and within one week, before they even got the hang of the game, go "let's go spend some real money on X". I mean, you'd have to be extreme hardcore (try to beat inferno before everyone and thus need every edge you can get) or extreme "I wanna buy my way through the game" kind of guy. And extreme people simply aren't common, or else they wouldn't be extreme - They'd be normal

Awaiting user confirming email address

Quote Originally Posted by galzohar View Post
    There's definitely going to be chaos for a while, at the very least until a significant number of players start reaching walls, whatever those walls may be. Only then will things have a chance of stabilizing IMO, and even then that's a low chance and most likely stay messy for a while after too.

Besides, how many people buy a game and within one week, before they even got the hang of the game, go "let's go spend some real money on X". I mean, you'd have to be extreme hardcore (try to beat inferno before everyone and thus need every edge you can get) or extreme "I wanna buy my way through the game" kind of guy. And extreme people simply aren't common, or else they wouldn't be extreme - They'd be normal
    I would not be surprised to see expensive sales early in the game.

People want epic stuff for various reasons.

1. To show off "Ohhh it glows, thats sweet"
    2. Better killing and farming power
    3. Use in the arena to own noobs
    4. People that just like to collect for there own personal goals from the game, some people like to collect sets for example.

More than anything if someone can buy a sword for $30 that will allow them to pwn nightmare mode they will do it to progress faster.
    This is diablo and people go crazy about the loot.

IncGamers Member

I strongly believe those people will be a negligible tiny minority if they'll even exist. I mean, how many low-level items (not low level dueling items!) have you ever seen sell for $? I mean, if you think in D2 terms, there would be a LOT more arctic furs sets than there would be people willing to pay >1$ for the complete set.

We'll just have to wait and see who was right and who was wrong. Good luck selling low-end items for high prices, though! You'll need it, with all the people trying to do the same...

I strongly believe those people will be a negligible tiny minority if they'll even exist. I mean, how many low-level items (not low level dueling items!) have you ever seen sell for $? I mean, if you think in D2 terms, there would be a LOT more arctic furs sets than there would be people willing to pay >1$ for the complete set.

We'll just have to wait and see who was right and who was wrong. Good luck selling low-end items for high prices, though! You'll need it, with all the people trying to do the same...
    Most good low end rares will be sold on the GAH.
    Casual players will not care about the cash value of there gold, if they have the gold for the item they want they will buy it, leaving people like us to then sell that gold, how much we can make depends on how much 1k is worth.

All this is speculation, we shall have to see.
    "Can't believe I have to wait another week after 15th may before taking noobs money" /sip coffee

IncGamers Member

Except they won't have much gold for us to make anything significant. Sure we'll sell the low-end stuff that are any good, but don't expect much $ out of it...

Except they won't have much gold for us to make anything significant. Sure we'll sell the low-end stuff that are any good, but don't expect much $ out of it...

Some is better than none.