Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Are you going to be moving on to Diablo 3?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, absolutely!

36 51.43%
  • Nope. D2 SPF Forever!

34 48.57%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: SPF's Thoughts on D3

Quote Originally Posted by Aphid View Post
    I looked for another thread here, but I didn't want to post in the actual D3 forums, because I didn't want to know what they thought, but what the SPFer's actually thought.
    ^I liked this

Anyway, as I told on saturdaily:

"I posted a long rant-insh review-esque on someone else's topic on other subforum. I'm finishing the Beta with DH (looks like server don't want to let me do it). Finished yesterday with Barb and Wizard. It feels a lot like Warcraft 3 hero arena. A lot. It's not a bad thing, since I liked hero arena. I'll buy the game (maybe the boxed version in june), run it with my Intel HD Graphics 1000 , make a pentavirate and so on. I'm not sure about a 10+ years replayability... Anyway, for me D3 is a game $50 worthy that has nothing, zero, to do with my d2 needs (note: I don't play other games, only D2, so this is a huge overwhelming rate on my personal scale)."

On D2: "I still need D2 to fulfill my red dragon's killing and hoarding desires". So yep, I'll be around for a while. I'm a member for 6 months, but I'm haunting this place since the 1.10 days, I really like here...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh View Post
    I think most people (including me at one point) have a problem with D3 because it isn't a mirror copy of D2. Big deal.
    ^I'm part of "most people". I would be more excited with a 3d revamped version of d2... By the way, diablo 2 is the only game I play. I'm so hardcore fan that I never felt need to play other games/have a console (last one was a PSX or PS1). I'll buy D3 and play it for 2 reasons: 1) Story (aka "game is called 'Diablo' and I'm fan of the series"); 2) Enjoying the perks of first versions (like lvl 99 easier to reach on D2 1.09, etc.)

I'll be playing D3, but I don't think I'll ever own a computer without D2 and D1 installed on it. I'll play it as I enjoy it... solo. So long as I don't have to put up with other people in my instance, I'll be ok with it. No ATMA/GoMule is going to take some getting used to, as is the whole new skill system. I don't even acknowlege the existance of the RMAH... so no biggie there.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag TypeAskee-1109

I have found this topic to be fascinating. I didn't realize how many of you were old stick in the muds who don't want change ! (I mean this in a nice way... I like finding old-school gamers, honestly ;P ). You guys recreate my faith in the hope that there is still good gaming times ahead of us.

I'm a pretty random gamer in the sense that I play many, many different games all the time, but I have always really enjoyed Diablo 2. As soon as I've finished my current playthrough of Kingdoms of Amalur, I hope to reinstall the game and give it some of my time. This whole wanting to play so many different games is slowly killing me!

Hmm i tried it now, for the first time.. I think i will stay with d2 some more time..

This whole 'no replay value' thing is just stupid.
    D3 is bigger, more varied and has more quests than D2. It also has a better designed end game that encourages you to play more areas rather than just running Baal all the time.

This whole 'no replay value' thing is just stupid.
    D3 is bigger, more varied and has more quests than D2. It also has a better designed end game that encourages you to play more areas rather than just running Baal all the time.
    ...And that's your opinion.

It's half a fact. There is more in D3 than D2. There is more game to play.

Quote Originally Posted by spearv View Post
    in a nutshell, you want to play a game exactly like D2
    No, I don't. I want to play a good game. Online and offline. I want to play when I want, where I want, how I want. Without all the restrictions D3 offers. Especially for a game like this which lends itself quite naturally to solo play. If I want an MMO experience I'll play an MMO. If I'm not online and still want to play a game, I'll pick up something like D2.

It's half a fact. There is more in D3 than D2. There is more game to play.
    Bigger doesn't mean better. A fact sadly forgotten by today's game designers. Each game must be x times as big as the last. Which makes a lmited amount of sense at best. I can write the longest book in the world but if it's full of crap nobody will want to read it.

How can you guys say it's crap? At most, you've played a part of 1 act.

And, on the flip side NF, just because it's bigger doesn't mean it's worse either. I'm going into D3 with a pretty open mind. I know it's not the same Blizzard that made D2. It could be a bomb... but I'll play it and find out. I too think the whole MMO aspect of the aution house and forced on-line play are weak. Hellgate had similar issues and people hated them. I enjoyed HGL even with it's faults... but it's not even close to being a keeper like D2. One thing I like about D3 that I hear... it's not going to be a one time deal. It's going to keep being developed. I'd like to see how they pull that off.
    @Kitteh: The OP summarized why people "say it's crap". I don't tend to agree that it's as bad as all that, but I've yet to play it.