Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Are you going to be moving on to Diablo 3?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, absolutely!

36 51.43%
  • Nope. D2 SPF Forever!

34 48.57%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    BattleTag AskMe (EU primarily)

Re: SPF's Thoughts on D3

Quote Originally Posted by Drystan View Post
    Anyone willing to make an SPF Let's Play/walkthrough, or some side-commentary on some of the more exciting/dark quest/bosses for us who can't get it?

How many players in a game can there be? I saw a slight possible reference saying only 4 in D3? Is that true?
    Yep, four players max. Believe me, there's so much clutter onscreen at times I'd opine that four sets of spell effects will be too much as it is. The game can be very busy.

And I'd LOVE to do an LP. The problems are that a) I'm not a free talker nor an entertainer, b) I don't have the technical know-how to make good vids, and c) I haven't got the hard drive space to make a video more than ten minutes long. Fast E's done a couple vids, though, and he's talked about LP sessions with me before. We discussed doing one for D2 a while back, but it never materialized... probably because I'm so flippant with my availability. Maybe I could convince him to record our sessions, but I wouldn't count on anything.

As you said, though, there will surely be lots of LPs going up super fast. There's a good chance that they'll be rushing through somewhat since casual exploration and slowness generally doesn't make for good entertainment, but the upside is that a lot of folks will be going untwinked since they won't have a choice. You might find something you'd like.

Thanks to Gris for the glowing review. I gotta say, though, that all I really talked about are the potential negatives we of the SPF might find. I didn't even discuss the good things I find about the game. I might get to it someday...

And did Fast E call me socially-inclined?? Haha!!! That's funny, man.

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

@Others: The incgamers clan I talked about is doing streams, and I am guessing they will do LPs. It would be nice to see some more SPFers in the mumble server

Trollin', trollin', trollin'
    through the forums scrollin'
    Keep those comments flowin', DON'T HIDE!

BattleTag Grisu-2156

@Lord_Vega: I'll do that for sure! Good to hear you're well! Yeah, I did some research today and discovered that you were quite busy...but since I yet have to make a post outside the SPF, I didn't notice
    I think I'll start HC as soon as possible and see how difficult the game becomes in later difficulties. Might switch back to SC to get to know the game if I die too often...

LPs would be nice - maybe I get to do one after I get my new computer. There's still no good free video recorder software out there that allows you unlimited time of recording, I guess? Fraps only allows short vids AFAIK? And can you do a voiceover after recording? Being no native speaker it might blast my brain to play D3 HC and speak English at the same time

BattleTag AskMe (EU primarily)

Quote Originally Posted by Grisu View Post
    There's still no good free video recorder software out there that allows you unlimited time of recording, I guess? Fraps only allows short vids AFAIK? And can you do a voiceover after recording? Being no native speaker it might blast my brain to play D3 HC and speak English at the same time
    Depends on your definition of "free." I'd bet you could find one if you tried hard enough...

A voiceover must be possible somehow. Depending on what you use to encode your video, you'd probably be able to splice an audio track over the video. I remember LeWoVoc having a very difficult time trying to get his audio commentary play at the same speed as his speed run, though, so it might not be an easy task.

There's an LP'er on YT called 'UnPlayedAThing.' He records the gameplay first, then goes back, edits out frequent events etc and records a voiceover - I assume while watching the final output. It can be done somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcakes View Post
    @Others: The incgamers clan I talked about is doing streams, and I am guessing they will do LPs. It would be nice to see some more SPFers in the mumble server
    Have to say... I don't know what half of that dibble means. Nor do I care to learn at this point.

BattleTag Hub-1983

I have been waiting to long for D3 to come out not to play it. The online only aspect has been my biggest problem with the game since it was announced. Now, I know this topic has been argued and discussed in great detail, but I will say this: The game is not mine, the 60 dollars I pay for it is to use it when Blizzard allows. I cant play it anytime, anywhere, and unless everything is optimal, the game will suffer in performance.

There are many features about D3 that I do like though. The shared stash is a no brainer. If you want to make an untwinked character, do not use anything from the shared stash, it is simply that easy, IMO. The character info is awesome, and the stats for monsters killed and gold collected is really cool. I noticed there is going to be an hour counter for time played with each character, which will just let me know how much of my life I have wasted away while playing said character. The RMAH is there if I want to use it, simple enough. I dont know exactly how I am going to go about using it though. I have noticed in D2 as I have made the best gear(Infinity, Grief,CoH), the game is almost too easy. I have to look at another game I played for a little while and relate it to how the RMAH would probably work for me. In Civilizations 4, I never knew the world editor would let you create anything you want. I would play, and save up money to get armies and build things, and have to make strategic decisions on when to try to take over another country. My stepson showed me what the editor would do, and it changed to game for me. It would let a player make anything they wanted. If you want to invade a neighboring country, make all the armies and ships you want and just destroy them. It ruined the whole game for me. I did play it for a little while longer, but it was very hard not to make something instead of waiting. The RMAH is going to probaby affect me similar to this, but I am glad its there, as I have never traded or bought anything for D2, and it seems like it might be a fun part of the game.

I would like to see a single player section for D3. The way the MF is split amoung the group will keep plenty of people from playing in a group, unless it is found out that the group dynamic yields better results. Now, if I can just make up my mind if I want to build a desktop or get a gaming laptop. I have been back and forth over this for 2 weeks now, changing my mind about everyday.

I can't imagine the auction house idea is going to fly, either for money or for gold. Without items leaving the pool, eventually everyone will have access to too many of what ever items are sought. People are going to complain about lack of storage. I'll have to see what play is like, but it seems to me that in a "item find" game, having access to what ever items you want will make the game less enjoyable rather than more. We'll see. I'll ignore the AH and hope the best for those who use it.

IncGamers Member

Bumping this thread cause I just realized how much of a deal breaker the 'online only' thing is to me. I am currently going to spend the next 2-3 months at a place with very limited, slow internet access if any. I still have my laptop so I can play D2 if I want to ( though I'll miss the trade forums ), but if it were D3, I'd be screwed.

F*k you, Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagsbeard View Post
    I can't imagine the auction house idea is going to fly, either for money or for gold. Without items leaving the pool, eventually everyone will have access to too many of what ever items are sought. People are going to complain about lack of storage. I'll have to see what play is like, but it seems to me that in a "item find" game, having access to what ever items you want will make the game less enjoyable rather than more. We'll see. I'll ignore the AH and hope the best for those who use it.
    Maybe the lack of storage space can bump the AH, since you'll (maybe) need items you sold before - at least while you don't know what to store and what to sell. Also, there're uses for gold, so people can sell things early on and need them later. I'll be mad if inferno can only be completed with very specific items (like d2 godly rares) that can only be found after 4000 hrs of gaming or in RMAH for $10-50...