Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Are you going to be moving on to Diablo 3?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, absolutely!

36 51.43%
  • Nope. D2 SPF Forever!

34 48.57%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: SPF's Thoughts on D3

I think most people (including me at one point) have a problem with D3 because it isn't a mirror copy of D2. Big deal.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag TypeAskee-1109

Wow... I love the fact that many of you are staying here! It's good to see.

And Silo, I don't mind if you're de-railing the thread... its' good to see you around again! How's married life going?

Also, threw up a quick poll... since someone asked for it!

No D3 for me. Switching from Classic to D2 to D2:LOD was enough.

If I want to play something different, I play Spider Solitaire on my phone. Or the original Steve Jackson Games Ogre.

IncGamers Member

I won't be getting D3.. I immensely dislike the online SP, and that is a deal breaker for me without any other knowledge of the game whatsoever.

Besides, I keep thinking up fun (to me anyway) ideas of characters to try in D2, and that perfect rare is out there for me, I just need to go find it.

Pretty limited poll options there. I'll be playing both. As I haven't been playing much d2, it will help that break. I haven't pre ordered d3, so no telling when ill actually get it. I won't be buying a digital copy unless I can get it for cheaper, as I enjoy looking through instructional booklets.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Veerschlee-2124

I was thinking of making a similar pool but with more options to choose from. Like some folks will play d3, but they will play d2 as well, obviously less. Should remake it and add more options, if the result interests you in one way or the other.

Not gonna be playing it. For the exact same resons I've never been playing WoW, Skyrim, CoD, SC, Dota, CS, BF, whatever, whatever..
    Not a big fan of gaming. Will hang around here and play some D2, however

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by FredOfErik View Post
    Not gonna be playing it. For the exact same resons I've never been playing WoW, Skyrim, CoD, SC, Dota, CS, BF, whatever, whatever..
    Not a big fan of gaming. Will hang around here and play some D2, however
    Wait, what?
    I thought anyone who hangs around on game sites would be a fan of gaming.

Anyway..

I played Dota for one and a half years before giving up on online gaming. It's just way too many annoying people, laggers and retards, all behaving in the most dickish way possible under the cover of anonymity. Not to mention continuous disconnections. That's why I got so much into single player. Ofcourse I was late to discover Diablo, but before that I played tons of Command and conquer, Age of Empires, Prince of Persia, Majesty, and many other games...

That's also why I don't like the whole online only thing. Sure I can play single player online but it makes no sense.

Nah. Never actuallytried any other games than D2 and I've only been playing that (casually) for almost two years. I joined the site for trading purposes and the spam kept me around

My thoughts are that D3 might be a nice game, but I do not think it has the replayability value of D2. Few games have these days. I think the lack of muling is going to be a big deal in the low replayability, as I have run more bosses than I care to think, just to see if this time was the lucky one. So I'll stick with a bit of D2 when I want to bash heads, and Minecraft when I want to do whatever I want. In short, unless you want to play a PC game for more than 200 hours, you don't get your moneys worth, and I don't think D3 will last that long.